Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual problems

Visual problems

I have a few visual problems that I think are associated with anxiety and panic disorders and would like to know whether anyone else experiences this symptoms. The first is general dizziness. I don't often feel as though the room is spinning, more a feeling that the images can't keep up with my eyes-a feeling that I have to look at something for a moment longer than normal for the images to come into focus. The second problem I have is the way my eyes react to light when I am nervous. I can walk from the outside into a dimly lit room and my vision nearly go completely. It really scares me. I also have to squint a little in order to stop me from feeling as though I am about to black out. Does anyone else have similar problems?

Yes, both these are common with anxiety and panic episodes .

Meg

Hello!
    While I was reading your post, I felt like I wrote this! Honestly! I have exactly the same thing!
    Sometimes it seems like the room or the street is spinning or moving from one side to another or I just have blury vision.
    It can be really scary but I know it is all part of our anxiety/panic.
    Take care
    Ana

While not meaning to trivialise the scariness of your symptoms, floralgypsy, I find it reassuing to read you have them! I do too.
    I know it's anxiety but that often doesn't stop me feeling anxious about it. Sometimes this is all such a viscious circle, isn't it?[Sigh...]

I get these also, particularly the first one. I describe it as dazed or a detached feeling, and it seems always difficult to track moving objects, not nice as it's difficult to try and ignore. Sometimes last for days. Hope this puts you at ease a little.

cuckoo, cuckoo

Thank you all so much for replying. I am trying to write all my symptoms down in a letter that I plan to send to my GP, because I am desperate to get this sorted. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to confuse issues if I included symptoms that he had never known as linked to anxiety/panic. A cure would be lovely but I don't expect one very soon, a way to manage these symptoms is all that I am looking for. Thanks again.

Hi,

I get exactly the same thing. The best thing to do is to try to not think about it and it will gradually happen less.

Sarah (seh1980)

Hiya

The dizziness and blurre vison was a big problem for me too. I even got my eyes checked cos I was convinced my sight was going but of course it was fine.

As for the light, I can relate to that too. When it got dark it used to scare me for no reason and I only felt better if I was inside and unable to see that it was dark outside.

It is a good idea to write all these things down so you don't forget some cos once he can reassure you that it is all panic/anxiety you can start to understand it better.

Nicola

Hi Floralgypsy,

I can measure how my day is going to be from the state of my eyes! If I have a blur I know it's going to be a bad day and sudden changes in light also give me the collywobbles.

Try to work with it and one day you will see it has just gone away.

Best wishes,

Christine

Hi

I've been having the dizzy/spaced out feelings too, but they seem to be there all the time. So far its lasted 4 weeks. Is this normal? I'm feeling pretty jitterey too, but not sure if this is because I cant calm down.

Thanks

Alison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information