Thread: Left sided headache getting worse

Left sided headache getting worse

Hi

I have woken with a left sided headache at the back, for the last few weeks and it seems to be getting worse. Ibrufen doesn't ease it, so I don't think it's muscular, though I sometimes feel it more when I move my head.

I am particularly worried as I have a corresponding pain under my ribs on my right hand side (I believe it to be my liver as I drink).

I know organs on the right side are controlled by the left side of the brain and vice-versa, so does anyone think this is related ?

Please help, I'm really worried as I have been having some really intense symptoms lately and I'm panicing.

Dave

Hi Dave,
    didn't want to read and run. I am sure the left sided headache is nothing to do with pain under your ribs, apart from the anxiety about it. I have health anxiety and i think we think too deeply.
    Have you looked at how you are sleeping i.e are you in a draught or change your pillows - sometimes there is a simple answer.
    Anxiety headaches can last for ages, i had one over my eye for months. Also i seem to make areas hurt - at the moment its my left ribs/shoulder area, but its because i'm concentrating on that area. I bet the first thing you do in the morning is check if your headache is still there - creating tension -creating headache!
    I like a drink too and often have fears for my liver, try cutting it out for a few days and see how much better you feel.
    ((((hugs))))
    anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi Dave

If you have had this headache for a few weeks and you feel it is getting worse then I think it would be wise to go to your GP and have it checked out. It is probably just stress and by having your mind put at ease by the doctor the pain in your head will probably ease.

Take care.

chillx

Is it true that Paracetamol / Ibruprofen won't touch a "Tension" headache ? I am guessing that's what I've got as pills don't seem to be shifting it !

I have been told I need to take something with Codeine in it, anyone else heard this ?

Thread Information