Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discomfort lower left abdomen

Discomfort lower left abdomen

Hi All,

So I have this discomfort in my lower left abdomen/stomach which is there off and on. Of course, I am panicking and the only explanation in my mind is the C word.

I had intense bowel cancer anxiety not so long ago, went to the docs and I did a stool test and that came back clear (no blood). She also gave me a rectal exam and that was fine too. I mentioned the discomfort/weird feeling and she didn't seem worried as the lower left is where the large colon was, or something. I asked her to feel around that area and she didn't feel anything.

I just don't know what could be causing this. I've had a pelvic US, transvaginal ultrasound and abdo ultrasound last year and they were all fine. I just can't stop panicking.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Re: Discomfort lower left abdomen

Bump..

It could be IBS

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Is it likely to be the c word? Has anyone else experienced this?

Not likely no but we cannot diagnose you as you can appreciate.

I get it and that is why I said IBS

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I appreciate that very much.

I've often suspected (so has my partner) that I have ibs. Very difficult to get a diagnosis from what I understand!

It is usually diagnosed by ruling out other things that it could be with tests etc

Trying not to google, trying not to google

Health anxiety is the worst kind ever!

If it helps, you've had a good lot of testing - very thorough. I promise you if it were something sinister like cancer, those tests would have shown it.

Lower left abdo pain is famous from being caused by bowls or ovaries. Since your scan is clear, perhaps IBS is to blame.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but I recommend you google "health anxiety workbooks WA govt" and click on the first thing that pops up

From there, select the health anxiety workbook and do yourself a favour, go through it methodically.

Best resource I ever found and doesn't come with the price tag of $200 per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzledlass View Post
    Hi All,

So I have this discomfort in my lower left abdomen/stomach which is there off and on. Of course, I am panicking and the only explanation in my mind is the C word.

I had intense bowel cancer anxiety not so long ago, went to the docs and I did a stool test and that came back clear (no blood). She also gave me a rectal exam and that was fine too. I mentioned the discomfort/weird feeling and she didn't seem worried as the lower left is where the large colon was, or something. I asked her to feel around that area and she didn't feel anything.

I just don't know what could be causing this. I've had a pelvic US, transvaginal ultrasound and abdo ultrasound last year and they were all fine. I just can't stop panicking.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Best input anyone could give is to believe the medical professionals. Maybe make a fiber additive (Metamucil) a regular part of your diet.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information