Thread: Sertraline & Fatigue

Question Sertraline & Fatigue

Hi, hope everyone is doing well.

This is my first post so be kind

I was just wondering if anyone can offer me some hope. I started sertraline 3 months ago, 50mgs for the initial 6 weeks and now 75mgs. My problems are that i feel absolutely exhausted and can't seem to get more than 6 hours sleep. Secondly they've worked for my anxiety but don't seem to have done much for my low mood. Did anyone experience these things at this point in their treatment and did it get better?

Thanks for reading.

Re: Sertraline & Fatigue

Hi nessy, I'm also on Sertraline and have been for about 8 weeks now at 50mg, I can honestly say I feel exactly the same, I feel worn out constantly but my mind is constantly whirring and I often stay awake til 6/7/8 in the morning and more often than not stay awake for the rest of the day, I have to be awake for over a full 24 hours to feel tired enough to sleep. As for the effects, I don't even feel any. Literally none. Anxiety is still bad and my mood is as low as ever, random bouts of crying and horribly hopeless sometimes. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm going to see what he says. Hope things work for you soon.

Re: Sertraline & Fatigue

I've noticed the same thing, my anxiety symptoms are much better but the mood is not improving. Doc increased does from 50 to 100 mg today. My ability to sleep comes and goes. The past 3/4 nights haven't been too bad.

Thread Information