Thread: terrible day chest pains ended in panic

terrible day chest pains ended in panic

well ive had the most terrible day went into town to do abit of shopping everythink was fine and then bang out of no were the tightness in my chest and the pains in my jaw and down my arm i was convinced this was a heart attack i went to get a diazipam out of my bag and they wernt there anyway i managed to get home but all evening ive felt crap even had a few palpatations i still have pains in my jaw and my chest feels tight i dont want to go the docs cos i no wot she,ll say its anxiety has anyone else had all these symptoms its sounds very much like heart attack any advice

t motown

I love motown! the trouble with these symptoms is you could be describing a heart attack to a tee. These new adverts which have just come out don't help (have you seen the billboards with the guy with a belt tied round his chest).

Are you taking any other medication apart from Diazepam? I was on Prozac for some time and they really agreed with me. I didn't get any panic attacks at all, but I still got the palpitations and breathlessness. Scared the hell out of me and it must have taken me a good 18 months to convince myself that it was just anxiety. The symptoms did subside when I was on Prozac, and started creeping back after I'd stopped taking it a couple of weeks, so I know that they are definitely anxiety related.

I know it's hard not to worry, but they can't harm you, they are just annoying and inconvenient.

Take care.

Les

Thread Information