Thread: It's Been A While

It's Been A While

Hi gang,
    I'm writing right now because I'm feeling pretty down. Sorry to repeat myself, but it's been a bit since I've posted....I'm a 34 yr old female, pregnant with my first baby at 32 weeks, and recently went back on Citalopram because I couldn't handle my anxiety any longer. I had been working full time but basically hit a wall and had to take some time off work.

Today was supposed to be my first day back, starting slow and gradual as to not overwhelm myself. I lasted an hour. A coworker, who's normally very supportive, said without thinking "Ohhhh, look who finally decided to come back to work!" Then goes into how busy she's been due to my absence. That was the LAST thing I needed, and told her so. She apologized, but I just felt like complete crap afterwards, and have been feeling bad ever since.

Im scared a) I'll regress and lose the progress Ive made (three weeks ago I couldnt leave the house when I hit that wall) and b) that I wont move past this down phase. This is on top of all the other worries of being a new mom. I basically just wanted to get these feelings off my chest, hoping it will release some tension off my brain.

Thanks everyone. ...I love♡ this group.

Re: It's Been A While

Well if she`s a coworker who`s normally supportive maybe give her the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. It was tactless but youve just returned and she just hasnt judged correctly how you are feeling.

Now with that dealt with and filed away back to where you were.

Your goal is to start slow and gradual so as not to overwhelm yourself. And thats what youre successfully doing.

Now something has happened to bother you and its is about developing the coping skills to deal with these occurrences when they come and manage them effectively.

Problem 1 : Colleague made tactless comment. I accepted she just showed poor judgement, i communicated that to her. Now ill file that away and give her another chance. I wont get too introspective, negative and end up anxious or down about it. Ill continue to turn up for the time being and stick with my plan and therefore see this as a sign of my resilience and mark it down as my first success.
    Ill give her a clean slate from tomorrow and if further setbacks occur ill deal with them and mark them down as successes too.

If you cant move on because your mood is low then this is a mood thing. Youre back on citalopram and this could be affecting your moods.

Being a new mom is going to be FANTASTIC !

Getting back to work is going to be hard so keep talking if you hit problems.

If you cant do it and arent ready then thats just the way it is. But for now, try and do 1 day, then another, then another and guage your mood over a number of days. Things might get easier.

Thank you Dave...I think you're pretty awesome.
    I really appreciate your wonderful advice.

Thats alright :]

Ive seen you give a fair bit of good advice yourself !

Thread Information