Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agoraphobia success stories please

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    It probably sounds a bit weird but Piglet's saying on the end of her posts was the starting point for me. </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    It did exactly the same for me too and Trev said the same!

I'm also rather keen on the 'Ships are safe in harbour but that's not what ships are built for' quote too.

I love affirmation cards like you wouldn't believe. www.holisticshop.co.uk has some lovely ones and if you click on them you get a larger image to see if they appeal to you. Yes you get some cheesy ones but quite a few shout out at you and can really help change your thinking! Specially if the accompanying art work is good.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

I hope you are all well.

Over the years I had been doing all the hard work but finding it very difficult to enjoy and have fun. I do tend to put myself into stressful situations - but that is my way of facing the fears. I have wrapped myself in cotton wool and lived in my safety zone for too many years and like Piglet says "I'm also rather keen on the 'Ships are safe in harbour but that's not what ships are built for' quote too." This is so true - it took me a long time to realise that and we all have that inner courage and strength, just believe in yourself.
    I still live with the sypmtoms daily but they dont have the same impact - because i no longer give the anxiety the power to control me. This is where EFT (emotional freedom techinique) is useful - you acknowledge the way you are feeling and then let it go. The more we give anxiety the power then the more it controls us.

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Darkangel,

You truly are an inspiration to me and many others i would expect,your story is amazing.

Keep it up,take care,Candie xxxxxxxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Nel

Are you going to watch the channel 4 programme this week? I saw the trailer and it upset me a bit.

I think I'm going to record it and then watch it in my own space and time, when I feel able.

Sandie

<div align="right">Originally posted by sandie - 15 December 2006 : 18:52:22</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I WILL be watching! And I am going to ask my family to watch it too (no pressure though, anything that gives them an understanding is good).
    I just wish I had known they were making it, I'd have begged to be on it!

Nel xxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi
    It probably sounds a bit weird but Piglet's saying on the end of her posts was the starting point for me. I sort of had to reprogramme my brain to think positively rather than about the bad things that could happen. I think my agrophobia was linked to my mum being terminally ill for a long time and i was always wating for her to die so constantly thinking of negative things happening and that spilled over into all the other area of my life. I like most people did things in small steps. I bought a book full of positive quotes and read it every day just to try and fill my head with positive thoughts and it really seemed to work. I also removed myself from negative influences in my life like changing jobs from a workplace where everyone was always negative and moaning and moving to a place I felt safer at night. There are still things I can't do like go on a tube train and I'm aware that in some ways it is still controlling me but I don't let it limit my life so much anymore by focusing on all the good things that would happen if I went out, got on that train or plane or whatever. It doesn't mean I'm not scared anymore just that I'm generally too busy thinking about the positive to focus on the negative.

Hope that helps

Pennie

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." Louise L Hay

<div align="right">Originally posted by Pennie - 15 December 2006 : 18:35:50</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Cheers for that Pennie (it does help).

Nel xxx

hi

pennie - i love louise l hay's books - i refer back to them often.

........life is for living not just for surviving

Piglet I love your sig btw!

Hi

Glad it helps Nel and Darkangel u r a star. Had a funny night tonight. Was going on a works Christmas party but I havn't lived in this area very long and ended up going to the wrong pub! (right name just 5 miles away from where I was meant to be). Had a nightmare trying to get to the right place, had to go to the train station in the dark and had a mini panic attack but kept going. By the time I got back to where I started to get a taxi I really didn't want to go anymore coz I didn't know the area where I was going and I knew everyone would be looking at me when I got there and find my mistake rather amusing. But I made myself go anyway thinking about how I would miss out on a good time and I went. It was worth it even though I did feel extra self conscious as I turned up nearlly an hour late and everyone knew why! Sill at least I'm blonde so people generally put my daft moments down to that!

Pennie x x x

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." Louise L Hay

Re: Agoraphobia success stories please

that is great... ive just discovered that i suffer with agrophobia....

im hoping i can read enough successful stories to give me a chance to overcome this nighmare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information