Thread: I just don't seem to get better. Help please!!

I just don't seem to get better. Help please!!

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here, partly because I've been responding well to treatment. I've been on cymbalta for 5 weeks and before that I was on cipralex 20mg for 6 weeks. I haven't had a panic attack nor been anxious. Apart from anxious thoughts which seem to go away as time goes on. Here's where I stand so fat; excessively tired, depressed at times, no motivation whatsoever, lazy, can't seem to get on top of things, especially my studies, I have no motivation to study and find it difficult to do my work. This worries me as I'm writing exam at the moment. To be honest I feel lost in life. I don't what do to nor where to go despite all my help from Drs and family and even friends. I've had a huge fight with my best friend who is always there for me. Many people tell me I'm changing and becoming a "hipster" person ie I've lately had a new outlook on life. And become spiritual and purposeful (if that makes sense). I just want to be me again. The same person who excelled in school and worked hard. Why can't I get a grip on my life. And where is my motivation gone. I'm really down and I just want to be me, and normal again.

Regards

Gabriel

Re: I just don't seem to get better. Help please!!

Hi, Gabrielben!

5 weeks is still early days on the new med, but you probably know that, hey? I get this is hard because you feel as though you need a quick fix for the situation at hand with the exams and all, but really, with the slow start to most of our meds, that's probably going to call for some bully-through, good old fashioned stubborn discipline to plow through. No one else can do this for you. Put the coffee on. (Unless you get crazy-anxious with it). Head down, nose to the grindstone push-push-push now til they're behind you. As long as you pass, right? I think you may just be experiencing some end of term burnout, you know? I used to get that, and would just tell myself to do my best, no choice, really, because I didn't want to have come that far and not pass my courses! That would be depressing! Usually finals are fairly heavily weighted and even if you've been a star with your midterm and assignments, you still need to be able to pull off a respectable mark on them. You can do this, kiddo! Hang in there, get 'er done, and then you'll have a nice break to explore how to get yourself back to who you want to be. Good luck.
    Marie xx
    Last edited by SADnomore; 16-06-14 at 03:04.

Thread Information