Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyDJ View Post
Hi guys - I saw that there have been topics on this in the past, but they were all 2+ years old, so I thought it would be ok to start a new thread

Basically, ever since I was a kid, I have been terrified of anything that bangs or makes a loud, startling noise. I don't really know when it started because I have memories of being a very young child at birthday parties and having fun bursting balloons, firing cap guns etc., with no problem at all.

I now have to avoid any situations where there is a chance of something banging or making a loud noise unexpectedly and obviously guy fawkes night is a massive nightmare! As much as I have tried to get over it as I've gotten older, I really can't. As an example, I recently attended a birthday party for a friend's young daughter, where there were obviously a lot of balloons... I was on edge the whole time and repeatedly had to make excuses to leave the room and even go out of the house.

It is so incredibly disruptive to a lot of situations (way more than you would expect) and therefore, I'd love to try and resolve the underlying problems, so any advice that anyone can provide would be really really really appreciated!

Many thanks
Hello. We have spoken before in the past. I initially came to see how you were holding up! Me, being a Highly Sensitive Person, I have a very hard time with loud noises so I understand completely. I also tend to avoid them which I know doesn't help but I haven't found anything to be particularly helpful because it's just who I am