Thread: Gas type symptoms ! VERY ANXIOUS!

Gas type symptoms ! VERY ANXIOUS!

I've been getting these gas like symptoms for few weeks . The symptoms are a kind of gas pressure between breasts & sometimes in upper to mid back. There is NO pain. Caffeine can trigger it or sometimes acidic foods. Sometimes it feels like a SLIGHT nausea but subsides within about 20 mins. I gave sensitive stomach to begin with. Does anyone get this because I'm starting to catastrophize that it's stomach cancer or some other cancer or some horrid disease. Please respond as soon as possible as I'm really getting in a panic state over this. Thank You !

Re: Gas type symptoms ! VERY ANXIOUS!

Sounds like you've given all the triggers for it in your post violet, so if you already know you have a sensitive digestive system, why would you jump from that to cancer? Has this fear cropped up before or is this the first time?

ISB x

Trapped wind maybe

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I still believe: what do you mean by IT? I ONLY know there are triggers. For WHAT I don't know. That's the fear. WHAT are my symptoms saying ? I've always had a sensitive stomach but not these EXACT symptoms. I don't know if the symptoms mean something more sinister. That's what's got me so panicked. I STILL need a more specific response.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Still need response. Very panic stricken. Violet33.

I did respond lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So did I lol! Sorry, by 'it' I mean the sensitive stomach you say you have. There are lots of reasons for having gas in your system, I was recently told to reduce sugar as much s poss to reduce the gas in mine, and that includes alcohol. I wouldn't worry about cancer violet to be honest.

ISB x

Trapped wind, reflux or plain old anxiety. Doesn't sound even slightly like any form of cancer of any of the other nasties I've come to know of (all too well).

Thank You got responses!

Thread Information