Good morning. For the past few days my wife and I have been on a short vacation on the coast. For years we would head there for little 2 and 3 day holidays, but this is the first in a number of years. As we all know panic usually leads agoraphobia, so travel outside my comfort zone is never easy. I must say though I kinda impressed myself during this trip with just a anxious little hiccup at the end driving home.

I guess more than anything it felt good just to feel a bit normal. I mean for the most part we were surrounded by other people that were relaxing too. It was nice to strike up conversations with total strangers and discuss anything but the things that stress us. My wife who does not suffer from stress issues like me, really enjoyed getting out around people and not having to sit here and baby sit me.

Although I have no problem expressing myself through this computer, traveling and just getting out is something I can only do in short stints. But during our stay I was able to create quite places for me to go when I found myself getting anxious. I suppose the moral to this tale is it's nice to feel "normal" again, if even for a while. For so many of us we suffer in silence as we struggle to do what we do. But I've been calling this thing, "Doing it by the Spoonful" for a reason. It is my wish the these words can encourage you as they do me.