Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nose cauterisation can someone please help me

Re: Nose cauterisation can someone please help me

Thank you Rebecca that's given me some hope then!

Do you mean vaseline as well as the cream the ent prescribed?

i couldhave written your first post word for word. My mum has been on blood thinners following a heart issue and has been having on going nose bleeds the freak her ( and me ) out.
    A gp has swabbed for an infection and suggested the ENT after that.
    She is thinking about cancelling a trip because she is worried it will happen n the plane.
    Not pleasant.

Mornng all

My mums had another bleed this morning lasting a couple of minutes obviously she's been very anxious once again so I thought enough was enough and called her ent who was very nice and explained minor bleeding can occur. This has made her feel better slightly and the kind lady also gave her a follow up app for two weeks time which we weren't given before that we thought was very strange.

What I find weird is that every time it's bled post cautery it's been where her nose goes extremely dry and cracked feeling and then begins to run and get snotty (tmi sorry) she's using the cream the ent gave her. I'm not sure if it's a case of drying out and then running is causing the scab to move around

I just want her to feel better I feel useless :(

Its just in an awkward place to heal quickly. At the point where it was cauterised the blood will clot and form a scab but because of where it is its easy to disturb the scab and that then lets the blood flow again a bit. My blood's on the thin side...not dangerous or anything, but it means if I cut myself it can take a bit longer to heal....cold sores drive me nuts for this reason and always seem to take ages to heal.

ISB x

Thank you ISB

It's just hard at the moment what with it going on for so long I just want her to feel okay again and better, I know it needs time to heal its in such an awkward place as well for it to heal.

Does anyone know the overall healing time for this procedure google isn't helpful :(

Hi Kathy, I think its down to the individual to be honest. You're keeping in touch with them anyway so thats good and they don't seem worried, and if its still bleeding a little when she has the follow up appointment they will make a decision based on that exam as to whether or not it needs doing again. I know it doesn't do anxiety any good at all, but try to think rationally about it if you can and just keep in touch with them about it if you're worried. And stop googling!

ISB x

Definitely

I think I just need some good news it's been a very hard few years what with anxiety and actual health problems. I'm 23 years old and ever since the age of about eight I've had serious health problems in my family, cancer, heart problems, stomach problems, brain problems, broken bones, serious injuries like my dad breaking his neck. and myself having thyroid cancer, it's ironic that during all of this I never had health anxiety. I don't know if all of this has created the monster that is health anxiety I've been considering cbt as a form of therapy

Now there's a list and a half! I think we can keep on coping and getting through all the traumas and dramas life throws at us but eventually it depletes us..takes away our spirit and energy and then one day our brain has just had enough and shuts down, no more can fit in so it comes out of our ears! Chin up girly, you're doing great, believe in yourself and what you can cope with. You're a credit to your mum

ISB x

I hope I am!

I think when these things are happening you tend to just go with it it's not until after you think back and reliase the seriousness of it all, up untill two years ago I never worried or became anxious!

It was when I heard about my mums friend getting a brain tumour that kick started it all, idevloped a headache and convinced myself it was the worst! Google is the worst as well. I should have my internet contract cancelled, does me no favours :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information