Thread: please please help :(

please please help :(

I thought I was doing better.. but clearly I'm not.
    I've been having my fear of a brain tumor for almost two months now. I still have the horrible symptoms - the right side of my body just feels STRANGE. My doctors tell me it's just anxiety. It's hard to explalin the sensations, really.. it feels like there's an excess of energy in the arm & leg that just needs to be squeezed out - but no amount of squeezing helps.
    I got really scared again today because I woke up with the symptoms and started thinking "how can it be anxiety or psycho-sematic if I wake up with it without even thinking about it??" I just don't get it, is this really possible??

Anywway, then I read rb1978's post about nasal cancer and recalled that I've had this strange tiny bump in my nose for years now. It's at the front of my nose, inside. Anyway, being not very smart, I googled nasal cancer and now am convinced that I have NASAL CANCER which has spred to my BRAIN hence me having BOTH kinds of cancer. One side of my nose often feels empty, and while I've never had major nosebleeds, sometimes when I blow my nose there is a tiny amount of blood. I've never thought anything of it, but now I am convinced it's nasal cancer which has spread to my brain and I am going to die any minute now. I also have ear pain sometimes. My doctor has checked my ears, given me neurological tests.. but I'm still convinced. He's never specifically checked my nose, but he's looked in there before during routine exams and has never seen anything unusual as far as I know..

Help. Please.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Hi,
    I can't give you any expert advice on cancers but I do know that if we google something or look it up in a medical dictionary we will be able to convince ourselves we have got it.
    The strange feeling I would imagine could be attributed to anxiety as our bodies are working away all the time. If you are in a heightened state of anxiety, which would be understandable if you are worrying about a tumour, your body is in a state of alertness. You know like the feeling of hair standing up on the back of the neck? you couldn't consciously do it,but it happens all the same. When anxious I get the weirdest of feelings or physical responses. I often waken feeling sick or panicking, I may be shaking. I put it down to that when we are asleep we have little control over where our mind decides to take us and if suffering from anxiety, it is likely to take us to the things that worry us most. That is why I would imagine you are waking up with that feeling.

Your symptoms aren't just anxiety. Anxiety causes very real physical and mental distress. Are you receiving any practical help from your gp with managing your anxiety? When I first went to gp it was with a health related scare. She took blood and tested for all sorts of things which helped to alleviate my health anxiety. Then she focussed on my anxiety.

Take care. Get support if you aren't already.

happyone

I'm sorry you're having these problems. I only wish you could trust your doctor. Afterall we go there for help in the first place and when you get the clean bill of health it's hard to believe.

Just relax, and tell yourself "I will not google my next symptom" baby steps!!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

Please dont google honey its just not worth it. Go back to your Doc if you are that worried but i am sure its nothing!!!

Thread Information