Thread: Anxiety is a side effect?!

Anxiety is a side effect?!

I'm on 50mg, a few months give or take, it's been helping me a lot but lately I've been getting waves of anxiety and tension.
    I've never been one to have mood swings or be openly emotional without genuine cause or trigger, but suddenly I get very confused and anxious and as a result distressed and teary. Yesterday day I woke up like that and it lasted most of the day. I wasn't myself at all.

I might have missed one of my pills last week and due to trying to get into a better routine and having A LOT to do I've not been taking it at the same time every day. Usually I take it at Lunch time but a few days I took it in the evening or middle of the night. Would that effect it?

I know some ups and downs are normal, but I'm not sure what to make of this, I'm worried this is going to make me worse and I'm finding it really hard not to worry about.

Re: Anxiety is a side effect?!

I wish I could tell you. Just know I'm in the same boat. I went up to 75 mg and it set me ears to ringing like nonstop. I went back down to 50 mg today. I also take .5mg klonopin per day. I guess we just stick with it and think positive. Good luck in your recovery.

Thank you! You too. I'm feeling better today so I'm hoping it was just the change that affected it.

funny u should say that since going up from 5 to 10mg of cipralax my anxiety is bad I have been getting attacks every day

my GP has said its important to take the tablet at the same time each day. The body likes a predictable pattern and will come to expect the drug entering the body at the same time each day. I imagine its a bit like sleep, its important for your body to wake at the same time each day otherwise you get groggy as your circadian rhythm is out of sync.

I get up and down days too but that seems to be common from reading other's experiences. I think the activities you do during the day whether stressful or not and what you eat and the amount of sleep and exercise you get probably all contribute to these fluctuations in emotion.

Its difficult when you're living day to day with anxiety and panic but you have to look at the bigger picture and make judgement your wellbeing in weeks/months not days. A few anomalous very bad days a month are part of the course and dont necessarily mean your going backwards. Thats what I think anyway. I'm coming to accept that some days I'm going to feel rubbish but its an improvement on feeling rubbish every single moment of every single day.

I don't really find it hard to look at the "bigger picture", if the drug caused me to freak out randomly then it would be putting me in a worse position than I was without it. I'm in control of panic attacks and haven't had one due to GAD or agoraphobia for a while. Depression is my biggest issue and needle phobia that I'm getting therapy for soon.
    I'm relieved to hear it's important to take it at the same time! I'd much rather stay on it than have to come off.

I started on mine today (50mg) after being on Citalopram (20mg) for 8 years and I don't think they were working. So far so good apart from a dry mouth and also on Propanalol. I suspect, if I am to have any bad side effects they will materialise in the next few days

Thread Information