Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swollen lymph glands

ok guys you were all right ( no surprises there then)
    nothing to see on the lymph nodes , had an ultrasound to check.
    had ultrasound on breast lump it however does in fact exist and the grand size of this huge thing i have been obsessing over is ( drum roll please)

17mmx 11mm hardly a breeze block lol
    have to wait till wednesday for biopsy results but lady doing ultrasound says definatly looks benign so not to worry .

bb natty the wuss

Hurray! I'm so pleased for you. And so glad you are not in Uruguay!! That's great news. Can I ask, can you feel the lymph nodes by your collar bone, and is it just that they are normal? Don't mean to be funny, but that's what docs keep saying to me and it would be reassuring to know someone else can feel their lymph glands too!!

Phew - you must be relieved Natty. WEll, that's cheered me up before I take my mental dog out for a walk in the freezing cold. Am off todocs AGAIN tomorrow, so will psot here to let you know how it goes...!

i cant really feel the nodes individually , its just that whole area that looks swollen looks like a small muscle bulging but i have been told if you are persistant you can actually feel them , i can feel the ones under my armpits if i hunt hard enough but again it was the genral area of swollen appearance that had me worried not the size of the individual nodes.
    i hope your appointment goes well tommorow and that you have fun walking your dog , i think it will be a few days before i can walk mine as it really hurts to move my arm at the moment . the plus side is it gets me out of the housework lol

bb natty

Well done Natty for finding the courage and big big hugs for going through everything you have done. I'm so relieved for you that your mind may rest easy now.

Funny enough I started a new job today and my Tinnitus stopped for the first time in months. Then I come on here and it's started again !! Out with the garlic again tonight I thinks

LOL! It is reassuring to know we can be normal, too, isn't it? not sure my fellow dog walkers agree, though - they saw me striding through the fields lunging away, swinging my arms around trying to relieve stiff muscles - in my big puffa coat, yellow wellies and woolly bobble hat, with a mental beagle leaping around, it must have made them chuckle! I think I need to laugh more, actually - will watch the Green wing DVD I bought for someone for Christmas and forgot to give them! Glad your tinnitus went away Dex and good luck with the new job - I think i have come to realise that teaching is causing quite a lot of mentalness and am looking for other employment - quite apart from anything, I have far too many holidays to think myself up my own arse!
    Haggisfish

good luk with the job Dex and i hope the tinnitus buggers off soon.
    seeker your post made me laugh, and i highly reccomend the green wing DVd Green wing is hilarious.
    As for looking mad when you walk your dog dont worry its almost compulsory, dog dont you rember barbra woodhouse lol
    your yellow wellies sound most cool mine are just regular green .
    I love beagles got any pics to post ? I always wanted a beagle but i heard they are really naughty and can be noisy and you cant let them off lead cos they run away . is that what youve found . they have the prettiest expressions and they always look sooo happy.
    bb natty

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">LOL! It is reassuring to know we can be normal, too, isn't it? not sure my fellow dog walkers agree, though - they saw me striding through the fields lunging away, swinging my arms around trying to relieve stiff muscles - in my big puffa coat, yellow wellies and woolly bobble hat, with a mental beagle leaping around, it must have made them chuckle! I think I need to laugh more, actually - will watch the Green wing DVD I bought for someone for Christmas and forgot to give them! Glad your tinnitus went away Dex and good luck with the new job - I think i have come to realise that teaching is causing quite a lot of mentalness and am looking for other employment - quite apart from anything, I have far too many holidays to think myself up my own arse!
    Haggisfish </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    LOL have mental picture of woman in puffa jacket doing mad ritualistic dance with mad dog !!! Well funny thoughts.

I guess I maybe on a slippery slope with the new job........it's in a grammar school. The tinnitus could be back to bite me on the arse (or ear) pretty soon !

ive been having some extreme anxiety recently about my neck lymph nodes, left side, among other things.
    long story, lots of symptoms that make me think i have hodgkin's. today i went in for a second time, to a different doctor, who told me like the first to not worry about hodgkin's. there were some inconsistencies with their interpretations of a chest x-ray done last june... very frustrating... but both said the x-ray was normal.
    i was sent home today with anti-inflammatory meds and told to get some blood tests done in three weeks if i'm still concerned about the lymph nodes.
    as i said, it's a long story, but i feel less capable now of reassuring myself than ever...
    can lymph nodes go up by feeling them (brutishly) too much? or from muscle tension?
    i have just started noticing night sweats, not "drenching" but there, always in the first four or so hours of sleep; how do i know if that's from anxiety? i guess i have to learn to live with uncertainty.
    sorry that was off topic, and this message is so negative, but the point is yes i have lymph nodes and i worry about them..

lewis

Sounds familiar - at least your doctor sent you for a chest xray! The frustrating thing about the blood tests is that so many lymphoma sites say 'all our blood tests have been perfectly normal'. However, my doc told me lymphoma glands are usually golf ball sized. Yes, it is possible to irritate your glands and cause them to swell by prodding them! I read somewhere that the night sweats with lymphoma are literally drenching - bedsheets wringing wet etc. Hope this helps to reassure you. Also, I think from what I have read, the glands tend to come up massively over night, rather than slowly growing. However, I know all of this and it hasn't stopped me from worrying!! Keep us posted!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information