Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightheadedness/detached feeling??

Lightheadedness/detached feeling??

Hi guys,

For the past few days I have had these episodes of feeling.. not dizzy but lightheaded, like subtly detached from myself, a bit spaced out. It's quite subtle but noticeable and worrying. There's no visual or heart etc. symptoms associated with it, it's just this worrying feeling in my head.

I have been extremely stressed the last few weeks but it's only been happening in the last few days and today it's almost constant.

I feel like I have been sleeping a bit less but I do feel noticeably very tired.

Any ideas? Of course the first thing I think of is a brain tumour etc. etc. and it makes me anxiety worse and makes it even harder to sleep.

Re: Lightheadedness/detached feeling??

Hi there I get these symptoms too and have been told it's just another awful symptom of my anxiety xx

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
    Hi there I get these symptoms too and have been told it's just another awful symptom of my anxiety xx
    Does it happen at any particular time for you?

I would understand it if it happened when I suddenly became anxious about something, but at the moment it seems to happen mainly when I am trying to relax or sleep. In fact today it's pretty much constant :(

Yeah can happen anytime but as soon as it does it kick starts my anxiety which ov course makes it worse x

Yeah can happen anytime but as soon as it does it kick starts my anxiety which ov course makes it worse x
    Yeah that's what happens to me. I'll be trying to relax/sleep, feeling "ok", then it happens and I start worrying about it, then good luck trying to relax/sleep.

It's weird, almost like the feeling you get when you haven't eaten in a while and your blood sugar is low or something.

Do you think it's because of lack of sleep/lack of good quality sleep? Because I do feel very tired.

Last week I felt so tired to the point ov collapsing but couldn't understand it coz I was sleeping ok at night but anxiety seems to zapp all the energy out ov me maybe it's the same for u x

Last week I felt so tired to the point ov collapsing but couldn't understand it coz I was sleeping ok at night but anxiety seems to zapp all the energy out ov me maybe it's the same for u x
    Aw man, it sounds like we are experiencing almost the exact same thing. I slept for about 6.5hr last night but it feels like I slept for about 3 :/

Do you find that these weird feeling goes when you sleep better? Or anything else that helps?

Good luck to us both!

To be honest I'm not as tired this week but I haven't done anything different apart from be a little busy so maybe being busy I'm not thinking about it x

To be honest I'm not as tired this week but I haven't done anything different apart from be a little busy so maybe being busy I'm not thinking about it x
    True, when I'm up and about doing things I don't get this sensation. I feel tired maybe, but I don't get the bizarre lightheaded/detached feeling.

So maybe all we need to do is keep busy and try not to think about it x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information