Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pancreas

pancreas

well ive
    been feeling unwell now for about 2 months, but ive got to the point where im convinced i have pancreatic cancer, abdominal pain, back pain, im having lighter stools, not sure if theyre classed as pale or light but theyre lighter than my usual, also ive just started having horrendous heartburn, worrying myself into exhaustion.

stayed in bed until late afternoon today worrying myself sick,

my gp has performed full bloods, which they told me were no further attention, whatever that means, also ive had an ultrasound which they told me was clear,and im currently waitingfor a referal to a gastro consultant, im thinking of paying private to get a ct scan as i dont think im getting anywhere to finding out whats wrong with me, and its ruining my life right now

Re: pancreas

I suffered the same scare... however I understand the stools in pc are almost white, and often the sufferer has jaundice symptoms.

thanks for the reply.....mine are very light tan colour, and as for jaundice, ive quite dark urine at times and itch but although i think my eyes are a little discoloured my wife dosent....in fact she thinks im a nutcase

Having a bad time of it and I'm close to going to a&e with my pain, feel like I'm not in control anymore

If the pain is off the scale then dont hesitate my friend..... it could be an appendix which could be serious if inflamed.

Keep us updated

Take comfort from the fact your bloods and ultrasound are clear. I had this as a worry earlier in the year and one of the blood tests actually tests some sort of level in you pancreas so the fact it's clear is great. Also the ultrasound can look at the pancreas closely and this too being fine is great. My brother had pancreatitis and it was identified that something was wrong from ultrasound.

Pain isn't off the scale , just constant, it's the light brown stools that are worrying me more, apparently it's a sign somethings wrong,

Light brown to beige are all normal stool colours, mostly to do with what you eat and other factors.

As I stated before pale, grey, clay and white are the red flag colours!

I took Imodium last week and for 2-3 days after my bowel movements were normal with a normal brown colour, would this be the case if something was wrong, or would they be pale regardless of taking anything

Did you have your liver enzymes and bilirrubin levels checked? Light stools and dark urine are usually due to liver conditions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information