Thread: Pale lips a symptom of anxiety?

Pale lips a symptom of anxiety?

I was having a another serious anxiety episode earlier about my forgetfulness and a few other reasons I wont get into.
    I was feeling so fatigued and had the feeling like I was about to keel over, so I had a quick nap to try and calm myself down. When I woke up, I looked in a mirror to sort out my hair and noticed that my lips and inside my mouth (inner lips and cheeks) were so pale.

They seem to have pinked up a little bit now, but are still pretty pale.

I am also still feeling very fatigued, dizzy when I am moving around, and having a slight pins and needles feeling in some fingers on my right hand, muscle aches in my hips, shoulders and back.

Is this anxiety?

Re: Pale lips a symptom of anxiety?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

People with anxiety often hyperventilate without realising. Sometimes this can become 'normal' breathing without a person even realising. Hyperventilation can cause fatigue, dizziness, and pins and needles/tingling sensations. You could try taking some deep breaths - breathe in for 5 seconds and out for 7 seconds. If this is really hard or makes you anxious it is likely that you're hyperventilating. However, I'm not a medical practitioner so I can't tell you with any certainty whether your symptoms are due to anxiety or not. If it's still worrying you give your GP a call

Yes, Sophie, your face including your lips can turn pale, but only momentarily. Nothing to worry about. It is the Anxiety doing this. I normally give my cheeks a good rub when this happens and make myself a nice cup of green tea. I get this a lot too.

Could be your blood pressure was a little low after the nap.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information