Thread: does anyone get this?

does anyone get this?

hey guys just wondering if any of you ever get a numbness centered on one side of your face? in my case its my left side from my ear to my cheek then up into my eye,

seems to come when i get tension in my neck and breast area.

just wondering if anyone gets similar feelings,

also my nerves as of late feel more alive like they are really noticable evern the slightest touch to my left neck area arm around my chest and arm set me off.

Hi Stephen.

**also my nerves as of late feel more alive**

I have had this on my face, I have even had it on other parts of my body too. To me it felt like a slight burn, it hurt to touch, very tender. I have looked for an explanation for this and found this, which helped me understand more.

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

Not sure if this true story may help you Stephen.....

A friend of mine suffers pa, not all the time, but suffers mostly health anxiety, she can be quit funny with it really, she says, ohh boy, I have never got just a headache, its always a brain tumor.

One nighT she woke up and all her left side was numb, she felt soooo scared, she woke her hubby up, he too was scared because even her face was numb and she could not talk, she was slurring her words. She thought she was having a stroke.

Her hubby phoned for an ambulance. The paremedic took her into the ambulance and gave her a good check. He looked at her with a little smile and said your 100% healthy, have you been under any stress lately, as I said she can be funny, she said "stress, my middle name is stress".

He smiled and again and told her it was all down to stress, of course she was shocked, he said that if it helped her any that he had been off work for the axact same symptoms and stress. He told her to try and destrss herself, ohh boy, she laughted at that one.

MMM this did reasure my friend and she has not had these symptoms since, of course she still suffers health anxiety and has had other things since.

**seems to come when i get tension in my neck and breast area**

Have you done anything to try and releave the tension in your neck Stephen [?] Do you use relaxation cd's, do you excersis [?] doing these things do help.

I know you are finding it dame hard to find an answer for your symptoms you are happy with.

I know full well that for me, when there is something going on with my body, I HAVE TO find an answer I am happy with to move on, BUT and its a big BUT, that can be hard if your anxiety levels are high, Mrs anxiety is always there telling you the negatives. Keep trying, Stephen, keep looking for reasurance, you will find it, You will win in the end.

Hope this helps a little.

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

Fear is the darkroom
    where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
    learn as much about it as you can.
    Knowledge conqers fear...

I have had occassions when I felt like a nerve on one side of my face was tripping. That whole side would be tender to the touch and my eye would be tender. Probably nerves. Use that time to tweeze, NEVER!
    Merry Christmas!

Sheryl

Why stay in prison when the door is wide open?

Hi ,
    I used to get this alot on one side of my face it was really scarey and i was convinced i was having a stroke ...but i have been assured many times by docs in the past that it's just anxiety!! Since i suffered this problem on and off for many years and i'm still here to tell the tale i guess its gotta be true...so please dont worry. Thats the worse thing about anxiety symptoms they always convince us that there is something seriously wrong and the worry we get from that keeps the cycle going!!! Relax and rest assured.. you will be ok.. Take Care love Jodiexx

J Baker

hey guys thanks for the support ,

pains kinda moved into my neck and upper back now, feels as though my shoulder blade is sharp and gonna push out my back

its sucks dont it

Thread Information