Thread: New to Prozac

New to Prozac

Hi everyone I am 21 years old and from the USA. I have been suffering for about 4 years but just decided to get help. I feel good about talking to a therapist but she prescribed me 10mg Prozac for today and tomorrow and then after that i am to take 20mg a day. Today is only the first day and i feel tired, anxious, desperate and hopeless. I really need some words of encouragement and someone to tell me it will get better. Thanks

Re: New to Prozac

Hi tigerbro,

I am new here as well. I am sure it will get better with time. Btw I don't even know what Prozac means.

Have faith and remember you have control of your own mind, soul and body and nobody does that. So you need to be strong if you want to feel better.

Prozac is a Fluoxetine medicine...my therapist diagnosed me with depression and social anxiety. But you are so right. I have been feeling like my mind has been controlling me. I am trying to be strong but it is just hard since i am alone in my city and three hours away from family.

How about you join a social club, sports club, anything that interests you? any physical activities always helps you know, even if its just listening to music and jogging/walking/running. I know it's great to be online and chatting to people who are feeling the same, but I heard somewhere that the best remedy is getting closer with the nature, so try doing that if you haven't already

Thread Information