Thread: Had lymph node ultrasound today :(

Had lymph node ultrasound today :(

Went in for my ultrasound on the swollen lymph nodes in my armpits today. She did my left one and said she could see normal looking swollen nodes and i explained to her how worried I have been about them. She gave me the speech of how she's just a tech and can't give me any information. She then moved to my right and stayed in one spot for a good 5-10 minutes and took several pictures of that one particular spot. She barely even moved around the rest of the pit at all. I am of course now extremely worried that she seen something there and with this being a Friday I'm not going to know anything until next week. This is going to ruin my entire weekend and I will be obsessing over it! Whatever she was looking at was also odd shaped. Any experience with this?

Re: Had lymph node ultrasound today :(

I wouldn't worry until there is need to worry. Often to get clear pictures, the person doing the ultrasound will have to focus on one area for a long time, purely because the pictures are not clear in a certain area or a particular side of your body. I had a renal ultrasound a few weeks ago and she was focussing an eternity on the right kidney, but it was because she couldn't get clear enough pictures.
    Remember, the whole point of an ultrasound is to get clear pics so the radiologist can interpret them accurately.
    That's all she was doing.

Thread Information