Thread: Extreme tiredness just wont dissapear

Extreme tiredness just wont dissapear

Hi

Ive posted recently on here before about an extreme tiredness and lightheaded experience ive been feeling recently. It had started to show signs of fading but just keeps coming back. Im constantly in daydream mode with the sort of headaches you get if you lay in bed all day. Im also feeling a lot like in going to faint the feelings just wont go. Ive had them for about a montyh and a half now and have all but accepted that ive got chronic fatigue syndrome. It so frustrating that it just wont go. The doctor thinks its been caused by the stress of my studies at uni and other people on here have told me that it is anxiety. This does make sense but surely anxiety cannot cause this much tiredness? I also keep getting jolts wen i try to relax. Im always in daydream mode. Im sorry if ive sed these things before i just honestly thought it was going.

Please help me if you can

Jarvis

Hi Jarvis

I can totally relate to how you feel. I had that extreme tiredness for awhile. I got a bunch of tests done at the dr, and everything came back normal. However, I was literaly unable to keep my head up, I was so tired. I also was sure that I had CFS. It got to a point that I was scared to drive anywhere, because I was scared I would not be able to keep my eyes open. I also felt dizzy almost 100% of the time. Anyway, the good news is I did get over it, and so will you. So much energy is wasted on anxiety. I just accepted that this was a symptom. Once I was able to accept it, it basically disappeared. When I have difficult days I still sometimes get the tiredness... But again, I dont fight it, and just accept it as a symptom and it passes. Go easy on yourself, and take time to rest. Accept your symptoms for what they are, and they will pass.

Heidi

Hi Jarvis,
    Anxiety does cause extreme tiredness and even exhaustion. When you are in panic/anxiety mode your body is producing adrenaline in order to 'take flight or fight'. The effect of being constantly alert is tiredness. I have often wondered if i have CFS as both my kids have it, but I can n ow accept that anxiety has the same symptoms, and maybe they have not got CFS but GAD. I have started taking a boots supplement called 'everyday energy' which has really helped me. It contains Vit B and Co Enzyme Q10, but no caffeine. I saw a difference within a week. Its worth a try!
    Hope you have a good Christmas,

TC xxxx

Jarvis

Do you do any exercise atall?

Also make sure you are not dehydrated as that will cause the headaches.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Hi,
    I get the tiredness and lightheadedness as well. It has been worse over the past month. I wake up early and a few hours later I can barely stay awake. For some reason I can't nap so I just drag myself through the day. If I try to nap I jolt awakw. I get the lighheaded feeling a lot. One night it was so bad I had to crawl to the bathroom and to bed. It was so scary. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
    Take care,
    michelle

Thread Information