Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting there slowly....

Re: Getting there slowly....

You're not miserable and we're here for you to talk to, no matter how you're feeling. Waiting is definitely the best way. I hope everything with your step dad goes alright, i'm definitely thinking about you over here. xxx

Hey Mondie, hope you're okay and your stepdad's op goes well. Pretty sure thigh lumps can't have any serious cause, and your doc will tell you that it's fine.

Think we are all struggling a bit with the forum at the mo, you're right about the titles wnsos, all I have to do is see the title of something similar to one of my concerns and I'm in there starting to freak out. I've been playing around with some list apps online and am thinking about making a board of inspirational tips, quotes, pics and such... not 100% the best way to do it yet, but could make it collaborative if any of you ladies would be interested. It would be private but away from the forum, so depends how you feel about revealing your real identity! PM me if interested, I was thinking of using something like trello.com.... I'm working on it personally anyway (to help me sort my head out), but would be willing to share the love, so just let me know. Oh, I should prob mention I'm a bit of a geek, so if anyone would like the concept of what it actually is, explained further, please also PM me

Nerves are already building in anticipation of my doctors visit later this arvo - should've booked an earlier appt.

this sounds like a really cool idea! my friend and i are planning a trip to paris next year so i need to get started on my inspiration and planning for that.

hope your drs visit goes well! let us know.

Hey ladies,

Sorry to hear you’re having it tough Mondie but as Wsnos says we are all here for you  ANNNND I have Wifi (finally) connected so I’m back !!

I’m sure thigh lumps are just lumpy bumpy body normalities which everybody has – I panicked over forehead lumps the other day but I think it’s just my skull.. but I know on down days rationality goes out the window.

Well done for waiting for your routine appointment – proud of you.

Your idea sounds fab Mindknot – let me know if there’s anything I can do to help and Wsnos, so jealous of Paris, it’s my fave city.

There’s a restaurant called Chartier which is like an old train station (I think) and is really rustic but a great atmosphere and fab food  - I went for my 21st .

I’m all good bar the odd wobble, mainly about safety of my new flat when my boyfriend is out – he’s away this weekend so will be a big test that I’m determined I’ll pass!!

Lots of love to you all xx

Thanks ladies, you are all so lovely.

I find that because we are in limbo with my step dad, my health anxiety has ramped up my silly body scanning and checking is so silly. I know it is because I am anxious, I guess it's a coping mechanism (albeit a pretty rubbish one!)

Mindknot - your idea sounds great, I like the thought of being away from this forum even if for the short term, but still around you guys. I can't even read other threads at the minute, I'm far too susceptible.

Speak soon, big love xx

Well that was nice in the end, I did get pretty jittery and was worried I would just blub and be my usual doctors office mess, but held it together. Yep, he says they are probably lymph nodes but it's in an area where there is a bunch of muscle bone and awkwardness there, so I'm probably noticing them more because they are on top of a pretty tight neck muscle. He explained exactly what I should look for, and it's definitely not that, so good. It has put my mind at ease somewhat...he was totally cool with coming back in to check them in the future too. Now just to keep my hands off so I don't make them worse/find more! I ended up asking about a whole bunch of stuff as he seemed okay with explaining, which is awesome

I set up my list board thing on trello, but as it's private, i have to add people by email, Pm if interested in getting nag involved. I had a screenwriter but don't really want to post it online, can email it to anyone interested though.

*bump*

Also who wants to try out the big-anxiety-fixing-inspiration-list with me and Mondie? PM me. x

Gosh, just realised my phone's autocorrect completely took over the last part of my last post and it makes no sense whatsoever! Sorry 'bout that

Hi all,

Sorry to hear of the wobbles some of you are having. It's a long road to recovery but you will get there if you are determined enough.

I'm doing really well, saw my doctor for my medication review again yesterday and he's looking to wean me off in March if all is still well up till then. So that's good. I started taking sertreline in August I think?

I can definitely say I'm 99% back to my old self now - if not better. I'm happier and I recognise things that may send me abit mad again (stress mainly)

Like I've said before I have no idea if my health anxiety will come back in the future. If another loved one becomes ill - that would probably knock me right back down again. (Mondie I feel for you but you will get back up again in time)

Avoid what you need to aswel. I don't read any other the other threads either. I'm all for support but not symptom reassurance xxx

Hi all, hope you are all ok. Just a quick update; I've started my HA exposure excersises and so far so good. My counsellor and I, have set up my fear hierarchy. So far I've collected money for a cancer charity, that was fine, no anxiety. The task she set me next was to read about Lynda Bellingham and her cancer story. I did this with trepidation, but although it was sad to read, it was also uplifting, because whether you liked Lynda or not, there is no doubting she lived life to the full, even when she was dying. After reading it I felt a bit jittery, but it also helped me realise, that you can still live meaningfully even when you are facing imminent death.
    I've had a few aches and pains this week, but instead of in the past when I've gone in to a flat spin, I've just said 'sod you health anxiety, you can't stop me getting on with my life'. Just feeling so much better than this time last year. I'll check in again, when I do my next exposure . Love to all. Xxx

Wow, well done Prim on your exposure therapy, sounds like it's working really well for you!

And also congrats Rosie on being 99% better!

I've been okay the last few days, low level jitters. Noticeably increasing at certain times, but no major (all-consuming) worries at the mo... so that's good Hope everyone's doing okay!

Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread Information