Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Success stories seem to go unrecognised!

Re: Success stories seem to go unrecognised!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I see you are giving us an all new brand spanking website...so perhaps you could have a hand that drags our cursers to the success stories board everytime we log on?
    Like!

Perhaps it could be set up that you can't post elsewhere til u post on a positive thread.... Like doing positive "lines"

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    I only go on Active Topics and the page with my past posts on it to see if there have been further comments. I don't look at any other boards.

I do post on Success Stories so I think it would be a good idea to bring them up to the top or highlight them or something on Active Topics.
    Yes that sums me up too.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley2 View Post
    Perhaps its also just the nature of these conditions that can make people selfish. A lot of people might just look for support and reassurance on a specific problem to them and just see the success stories as something unattainable and maybe don't know what to say if they can't imagine feeling the same way? I know at times when I've been wrapped up in my own world I'm not very good at congratulating and encouraging others.
    Very good point, Kimberley, I had wanted to say something along those lines but couldn't think of a way to word it without sounding grumpy or mean! Or worse maybe even negative... But you wrote well.

Funnily enough, there are times I don't want to be bothered posting bit if I come across a positive one, I make myself comment because I know how frustrating it is to be ignored. Then you wonder why did you bother, that turns a positive into a negative which is a shame.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    We have asked members to post in the relevant forums time and time again but it doesn't happen so we manually move the posts for now.

I am going to be asking for donations soon as we will need some money to upgrade the forum and we have already paid for a specific Word Press theme for the new website that is adaptable on mobile devices.

We also need a new chat room.

The website and forum are going to be separated when we move to the new server on Sunday.
    When I first joined the forum, I lacked so much confidence that I would debate for ages where to put things.... I can be like that now. I end up treating the choice like doing question in a psychometric test!!!

So exciting!

You know, I will miss this site. It's the most old school kind of site I use. I know that I'm going to be nostalgic for it as soon as it's gone.

But I am looking forward to an easier user experience

For donations, maybe you could do a Kickstarter campaign? Something a bit more snazzy than just asking for money. It might make more.

Oh 'eck...will it look really different?

I honestly think most people post in HA because that's where they see people getting responses and they are afraid if they post under a more relevant forum, it won't be noticed. I know I have in the past. I think that even happens with success stories.

I wish I had an answer for how to change it or make people follow the rules. If we can lead by example, maybe others will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Oh 'eck...will it look really different?
    Not too much different ISB, the forum and the website will be separate as Nic has said before.... just an upgrade to make it look neater and smarter.

ps, I have got your PM, thank you for that.... just haven't really had much time after finishing work tonight to respond to you

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Just a question... I know Nic mentioned needing donations - can we donate from the USA using American dollars? Never was sure about that.

you donate mainly through paypal, so you should be able too as you can by things from other countries using paypal so should be able to donate

Nic should be able to answer you for definite tomorrow though

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Have you thought about crowdfunding to raise some funds? It seems to be quite popular at the moment!

No probs Venus, thanks for info

ISB x

Well this isn't a surprise, it happens on other sites too. I've been panic free for five years and frankly I've been recognized, questioned and even told I was out to lunch. Am I discouraged/ Not in the least.

Davit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information