Thread: Is this right?

Talking Is this right?

So I have taken prozac for 6 days and my anxiety was sky high so the doctor told me to stop taking them straight away... Will I get any withdrawal symptoms after such a short time?

Re: Is this right?

Hi Sammy,

Prozac can be stopped immediately in most people with no withdrawal symptoms I wouldn't expect you to experience any after only 6 days.

Brill thank you :-)

As Anthrokid said there.

You are still adjusting to getting it into your system when the side effects are most prominent so I wouldn't expect you would experience withdrawal after 6 days and need to taper them off, but your GP will know about that and they can always taper with other substitutions if needed to help get you through it.

If in doubt, a pharmacist would probably be a good person to ask, they tend to understand the medications to a more detailed level, but as Anthokid said, and your
    GP will have support in withdrawing which is really common given all of us being treated in the UK.

Sometimes SSRI/SNRI's affect some people worse than others and you have to switch to another one.

Thread Information