Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high heart rate

high heart rate

This drives me mad. I suppose my heart rate is ok but it worries me when i have something to eat and it shoots up for a while to the 90's. I have been told loads of times that this is normal, also stays up for a long while after i've had the nerve to do something like dance as well. But if i drink a fizzy drink it goes up too. I went out a couple of weeks ago and had two pints of orange and lemonade and danced a little, i put up with the unreality and dizziness at the time and after as much as i could, when i went to bed my pulse was really high and i started to panic about it, which made it worse of course. I eventually went to sleep and in the morning it was back to normal again, as it usually is. This just really frightens me though. Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Hi there Angie, my heart rate is always in the 90,s most of the time even when i am resting which i find quite hard to do. But seemingly your pulse should be between 60 and 100 beats per minute when at rest, this puts my mind at rest a little bit even though i don,t like it being that high but then again a couple of times my pulse has been 68 and i panicked because i thought that was too low. We just can,t win can we. I had family round last night and i brought out my blood pressure monitor and all their beats per minute were between 89 and 100 which made me feel better. Hope this helps.x

sheree ritchie

Your family sound great, really supportive to let you do their BP's like that, lol. Thanks a lot for your replies, much appreciated. Angie.x
    And we survived xmas!!!!! x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

(I had family round last night and i brought out my blood pressure monitor and all their beats per minute were between 89 and 100 which made me feel better.)

Sounds like a family party, taking pulse rates. Don't know if you folks are young or older like me, sixty-four. I myself have a pulse of between 60 to 78. Unless I'm on the treadmill then of course it goes up. Usually a person who does exercise has a low pulse rate, 50's and sometimes 40's. Seems to me if your heart is beating fast at rest especially it is putting stress on it. Not sure though. Are there any Cardiologist out there???
    Question: When your pulse is high, is your blood pressure also high??

Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
    Just walk beside me and be my friend

Your pulse should go up after you eat to help your body digest the food. That is perfectly normal. And so is a high pulserate after dancing.
    If you're in a hot place (like a party with dancing people), this will also make your pulse go up.

@ rmlamatt - your bp is not nescesarily high because your pulse is high. I went to the dr. once with a pulse of 150 bpm and a very healty bp.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

Yes, my blood pressure is quite low but my pulse is quite high. It is often about 84-94 beats per minute when I am at rest! I also suffer from terrible palpitations which are worse after eating or when I am trying to sleep.
    :([Oops!]

I would just like to reply to rlamatt that the party was not just about taking pulse rates. I happened to mention that i had bought a bp machine and they were interested to find out how it worked, there was only four of us that did it.

sheree ritchie

Dear Sherre
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings in your reply:((I would just like to reply to rlamatt that the party was not just about taking pulse rates. I happened to mention that i had bought a bp machine and they were interested to find out how it worked, there was only four of us that did it.
    sheree ritchie))

If anything I was trying to make light of it. I have brought my b/p cuff to tennis with me and have twelve or more gals take their b/p and pulse. It was interesting to see how different the readings were. Sorry again if I said something out of order. Hope you are feeling better now.
    Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
    Just walk beside me and be my friend

HI rlamatt, sorry if i took what you said personally. when i read it back i thought maybe you did not mean anything out of the ordinary. I apologise. Take care.x

sheree ritchie

WHY are you all checking your pulse rate? Have any of you been told to do this by a doctor, i.e. is there a medical reason for it?
    If not, then STOP checking it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information