Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health anxiety really bad lately, RLS right now. WARNING some sexual talk.

Health anxiety really bad lately, RLS right now. WARNING some sexual talk.

So my health anxiety has been really bad lately. I've had it most of my 20's but it's never affected me like it has the last few months. I went through a colon cancer worry when I was in my very early 20's, then heart attack in my mid 20's and then I was good for a while, random things here and there but nothing too noticeable. Then I had a whole mess of bladder things started this past December where I was worried about IC. I worked on it and my anxiety and got that under control and have been feeling really great actually, then the whole ice bucket challenges went around about ALS and I got all kinds of freaked out about that. I started to get past that, mostly, then yesterday while looking up something completely different from anything health related I ran across an article about a woman who has multiple orgasms a day. I read it and it sounded terrible!! She basically cannot control them, they happen on their own and she feels like she's on the verge of orgasms all day, every day. I further googled (bad I know) and found other women, and some men who suffer from it. It's called PGAD, PSAS or RGD. During more research I found that most people who suffer from it also have RLS (restless leg syndrome, IC, and vercoise (sp?) veins. I have never been diagnosed but I have some form of RLS I think. It doesn't happen daily, but a few times a month maybe when I get really tired at night if I'm laying on the couch watching TV my legs just feel uncomfortable. Not painful, or tingly just have the urge to massage them or walk around. It started when I was pregnant several years ago. Like I said, it comes and goes, not daily. It will subside as soon as I get in the bed to go to sleep though, which is strange. Does that sound like RLS? Anyway, I also have the veins on the sides of my thighs and one in my C-section scar and then with the bladder things I had going on I'm just all kinds of freaked out. I read it usually develops in childhood, pregnancy (or shortly after) and during/after menopause. I read it was really rare but then it was backed up with most woman who suffer from it may not come forward with it because it can be embarrassing to them. Why is this scaring me? Like I'm totally dwelling on it. :( I REALLY dislike health anxiety. I really need to work on it but I don't know how how other deep breathing, exercising and distracting myself.

Re: Health anxiety really bad lately, RLS right now. WARNING some sexual talk.

I would think some would find that a blessing, others find it a curse.... I also have what you describe in your legs, not always but sometimes it feels like my legs just won't stop. THey want to go even I want to lay down and sleep,. move around, stretch and restretch. Not sure if that is RLS or not or just a normal part of the body.

We dwell, its what we do. I do it all the time about different things. Then I have great times, with no worries than I find a trigger again.

I am with you!

Thank you for your reply Dolphin!

In my opinion, it would be a curse. From what I've read it's the verge of an orgasm all the time, not the pleasure part of it but the NEED of it. Sounds awful! :(

Maybe it's normal when your tired for legs to do that? I never worried about it until last night when I was reading about RLS.

Anxiety, especially health anxiety, is just a terrible thing, it's take over your thoughts! :(

PGAD is very rare and, from what I understand, very unpleasant.

RLS is very common.

The two aren't necessarily linked.

Also RLS is just an annoyance - it can't hurt you. Most of the women in my family have it.

I know it's rare but I'm still totally freaking out about it.

I read last night that they are discovering people who have PGAD also have RLS and the two are linked. That scares me more.

What does your RLS feel like? My legs just get annoyed at night when I'm relaxing feelin ga little tired on the couch. Once I get in my bed it stops. This has been going on since about 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I have never been diagnosed but I have some form of RLS I think. It doesn't happen daily, but a few times a month maybe when I get really tired at night if I'm laying on the couch watching TV my legs just feel uncomfortable. Not painful, or tingly just have the urge to massage them or walk around. It started when I was pregnant several years ago. Like I said, it comes and goes, not daily. It will subside as soon as I get in the bed to go to sleep though, which is strange.
    That is called Normal Legs Syndrome. It means your legs will act this because it's normal for them to act that way. I believe around 98% suffer from this syndrome at some point in their lives.

Haha, no really. Don't worry about it! What it means really, now seriously, is that you're paying too much attention to your body.

It will subside as soon as I get in the bed to go to sleep though, which is strange.
    now THIS is your problem. you think that normal behaviour is strange, which means you need a reboot, so to speak, you need to understand that normal things are normal, and never mean something wrong.

I saw a show about the same thing and I worried as well. But it's not going to happen. It usually occurs right after pregnancy. It's very very rare.

I know I need to work on my anxiety. Its been really bad lately.

I'm just so panicked about this. We had a family get together yesterday and it helped distract me but it kept creeping back into my mind. I'm really dwelling on it. :(

It's not known how many sufferers of PGAD there are but worldwide it's currently estimated to be about 7,000.

Do you know how rare that is? The odds are slightly lower than being struck by lightning - do you worry very much about that?

No? Then there is rationally no reason to dwell on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information