Thread: How do you know its anxiety ?

How do you know its anxiety ?

hi

Does being an anxiety sufferer make us immune to all other known illnesses ?

I wonder , as from reading the posts here and speaking to my Dr every conceivable sympton seems to be attributable to anxiety .

I have severe migraines , i have random aches in my legs arms and back , i have fatigue , sleepless nights , hallucinations, nightmares , eyes that get blurry , poor balance and stomach cramps .

This weak i have had a pain in my head , not a headache a pain in my head , my armpit looks swollen and im convinced under my chin is swollen and also just above my clavicle is too .

i convinced myself i have cancer , but i know that will never be the case as i suffer from GAD and all known symptons seem to be attributable to anxiety. so i am safe , i feel immortal .

when do you go to the DRs ?

bb natty

I go whwnever I get a new symptom

Don't believe everything you think.

The way I see it is if someone without anxiety felt the same symptoms we do, what would they do? Odds are they wouldn't be going to the doctor everytime something hurts a little bit, but if it became a problem they would.

I'm not trying to say "they" are better than "us" in any way, just that people with anxiety do, as a general rule, get worried about smaller things more quickly. I try to wait a couple days before I go to a doctor now.

Then again..

I had horrible headaches, neck pain (from the headaches.), stuffy nose, and ear pain and concinved myself I was dying, but waited until today to go to a doctor because I had an appointment anyway. Turns out my nose and sinus's are inflamed. Would've been nice to know that last week when I started worrying.

It's all about you and what feels right for you. If you feel you really want to go, then go. Peace of mind is extremely important.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Hi Natty,
    This is one of my fears. Because i have health anxiety and my doctor knows, i get scared in case they dont take my symptoms of something as seriously as they would in some one who doesnt have this.
    But still any new symptom tht i have tht ive not had before or doesn't feel right i definately go to the docs.
    I try to say to myself tht they have still got to be careful because if they did miss something tht u have complained about ,they could get into quite seriuos trouble.
    I think it also comes down to trust, do you trust the doctor you have( i do) and if not try to get one tht u can.
    I also agree with halfway tht for us peace of mind goes a long way, hope you feel beeter soon and tc xx

i dunno its weird , i dont go to the doctors hardly ever now, i used to and went with some really bad pain symptons and nothing ever showed up in the tests so i stopped going in the end because i felt a fool.
    i cant win for trying, if i go and nothings wrong i feel foolish and i feel stupid that i listened to the anxiety if i dont go i worry for ages that maybe i should have gone and that i was stupid not too . I have to go next week to the boob clinic to get my lump checked by ultrasound i think my lymph nodes are swollen , but as they are not sticking out 3 feet or anything i cant be sure im not just imagining it , theybeen like it for ages probably since the time i got my lump or maybe before but they only just now started to make me panic sometimes i dont care if i die but then i think of my kids and i get really scared .
    its got so bad i cant tell what is normal amount of worry and what is just anxiety related and over the top. if i mention the lumps to the DR and they really are nothing he is going to think i am a complete idiot. I hate that .

bb natty messed up and confused

I go if I have a new symptom that doesn't clear up by itself in about a week. I've been so much in the last 6 months (most appointments about the same things) ... I know what you mean cos I started thinking "they'll think....oh her again". I do think that what someone posted on here about them not daring to leave something unchecked in case it did turn out to be something is true. If you describe the symptoms and they're something that would get the alarm bells ringing, I think they'd question you further and take a look and maybe refer you rather than rish dismissing it just in case.

Thread Information