Thread: serious concerns.

serious concerns.

Does anyone else with their intrusive thoughts get false feelings or thoughts of liking them ? this happens to me sometimes which causes me to panic and raise my anxiety. Ive been driving myself crazy and have been getting sick. Please someone message me and say the same has happened to them. I don't know how I feel or which thoughts are mine. Please someone help.

Re: serious concerns.

Hi,

I had a bit of blip in the last week with my anxiety and at some points I did find myself thinking "oh, its not that bad, I like this". I really don't like it, but sometimes these thoughts come and I find I have feelings with them that shouldn't be there. The feelings are difficult to explain, like a form of slight enjoyment following by the cognitive part which kicks back in and says its wrong.

You honestly are not alone in this. Its just that right now you are reacting badly to them and the way out of this is to try to remove these reactions by using tools such as Mindfulness which will retrain how you think.

You could also use the free CBT course on here.

Quote Originally Posted by peacealways View Post
    Does anyone else with their intrusive thoughts get false feelings or thoughts of liking them ? this happens to me sometimes which causes me to panic and raise my anxiety. Ive been driving myself crazy and have been getting sick. Please someone message me and say the same has happened to them. I don't know how I feel or which thoughts are mine. Please someone help.
    classic.

you don't like them, you know how i know? from your excessive anxiety response.

what you get is the "fear" of liking them and what you do is "re-check" the thoughts to make sure that you "didn't like them" which your brain then tricks you into thinking that you did like them, after you which your "real brain" sends a panic signal, because you actually didn't like that....

ocd is tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabz View Post
    classic.

you don't like them, you know how i know? from your excessive anxiety response.

what you get is the "fear" of liking them and what you do is "re-check" the thoughts to make sure that you "didn't like them" which your brain then tricks you into thinking that you did like them, after you which your "real brain" sends a panic signal, because you actually didn't like that....

ocd is tricky.
    Oh my gosh. This just made me want to cry :( I have been stressing so much over this :/ thank you so much. Is it possible for my body not to panic everytime my mind tricks me?

Quote Originally Posted by peacealways View Post
    Oh my gosh. This just made me want to cry :( I have been stressing so much over this :/ thank you so much. Is it possible for my body not to panic everytime my mind tricks me?
    yes, of course its possible.

read this post I wrote in another thread.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpos...1&postcount=23

Thread Information