Thread: Ingrowing toenails.

Unhappy Ingrowing toenails.

I dunno where to put this exactly so I've placed it here (move if necessary, mods, thanks).

This is the second time I've had an ingrowing toenail and I'm annoyed because it's on the SAME TOE. Except this time it's on the other side of the nail.

I remember the surgery on it 5 years ago very well and I'm extremely anxious because I remember how PAINFUL it was when they injected it with anesthetic. I don't want that to happen again because I screamed and it was sooooo embarrassing. :( Just wanting to know if anyone else has had it done and how they minimized the pain? They probably do it different now to back then but I'm not sure.

As if I wasn't anxious enough and this happens... Then again, my tolerance for pain has increased over the years but I still think it will bother me.

I've always cut my nails correctly, so I'm unsure why this keeps happening..

.....and a ninja.

Re: Ingrowing toenails.

Seriously considering leaving this forum since NO one writes in my threads...... This is probably my sixth thread I've created that no one has wrote in...

.....and a ninja.

Re: Ingrowing toenails.

Oh dear, in-growing toenails are very painful, despite people making jokes about it.

I had one (or maybe two) a few years ago and the chiropodist said I was more prone to them because my toenails were too wide for the toe.

I'm not a doctor, but a few things to consider. Are you shoes too tight? I have a problem getting shoes that fit, so I've sometimes bought shoes that were too narrow or too short. If they rub on part of your toe, that might cause an in-growing toenail. Also, if I get nervous I "claw" my feet, which I think produced some hard skin around the toes and made it painful if the nail caught it.

If you have any hard skin down the side of the toe, applying some moisturiser might give some relief.

It could be too your mind has got stuck worrying about this. Sorry, have n't got any really clever ideas for that other than find something relaxing to do to distract yourself.

Anyone else got any ideas for relaxing the mind?

Thread Information