Thread: Throat pain during exercise

Throat pain during exercise

Hi,

I am a new poster on here, have suffered from severe anxiety in the past and unfortunately it has returned to a certain extent due to a medical condition that developed.

Basically I had a bad allergic reaction to amoxycillin about 2.5 months ago, this was followed by a few days of a really bad stomach, following this a dry cough for three weeks which developed into a cough with small amounts of blood in the pghlem, the cough has gone but the bloody pghlem from time to time remains 6 weeks later. Been to the docs, had blood works (normal), chest x-rays (normal) and a bronchoscopy (normal) so the docs believe this is due to to chronic irritation and cough trauma, I also have a gastroscopy this thurs to rule out anything in the other areas.

Unfortunately I have become really anxious about this and although the docs reassure me that I dont have anything serious, after researching symptoms on the internet (silly i know) pretty much convinced myself that I have cancer of some sort although the logical part of me knows the docs would have picked up on something as serious as that by now.

Anyway, the question I wanted to ask is that recently when trying to exercise and when my heart rate is raised, I get a burning sensation on the right side of my throat when i take a deep breath which disappears after my heart rate settles, also feel to have pain which moves from my throat to my ear on that side as well as pain in the neck on that side.

Does anyone else suffer from this, I am assuming that it is related to the anxiety/tension?

Any reassurances on this matter would be helpful to ease my mind a bit as I seem to be shying off from exercising because if I get the feeling I get anxious as it seems to tell me in my mind I have something serious.

Cheers,

Graham

Re: Throat pain during exercise

hi graham,
    i actually did a google search on throat pain during exercise and your post came up. i just registered at this site to contact you and ask if you ever got any answers as to what is causing it? for me, i feel like i am breathing hard and i get a painful cold sensation, so cold that it burns, this pain radiates up to right ear. anyway, i only get this during and after an intense exercise session. hope to hear back,
    jan

Hello Graham,
    Poor you! You've obviously been a bit ill recently, which is always nasty. It seems your better now though, so that's good.
    I have to reassure you here, you do not have cancer or any other life threatening disease causing this. You've had your blood tests and Chest X-Rays, they'd have picked up something serious very quickly and told you! There's no way they'd not be able to see something wrong Graham.
    Anxiety's a horrible thing, even when we've been told we're fine and there's nothing to worry about it's always there nagging at you. I suffer from it too, so I understand what your going through and how you feel.
    Just try and distract yourself from these negative, and irrational thoughts and feelings. Your fine, you've been checked over by your Doctor, he's told you your fine. Just keep telling yourself that, and try to think rationally and logically about this, rather than letting your panicy/anxious side run away with you.
    I'll also tell you what I've told a lot of people here, don't google!
    It just makes you feel worse and makes you more anxious and panicky. Never listen to what the internet says about your health worries, you should only ever listen to you Doctor who really knows what's going on with you.
    I've banned myself from googling symptoms/health worries, and I'm the better for it!

I don't have any advice about the throat pain I'm afraid, as I don't have it myself.
    But I'm pretty sure it is indeed due to anxiety.
    Again, I reassure you it's not anything serious, or else your Doctor would have picked up on it, you've obviously seen him a lot recently.

Take care, and best wishes

xax

Tension in your neck, caused by anxiety and exercise will do that.

I always get a wonderful pain in my teeth after a heavy workout. I mean wonderful because it's a really nice pain.

Thread Information