Thread: Booked a GP appointment ! Scared

Booked a GP appointment ! Scared

Hi everyone, so I'm new here so not fully sure where to start but some help would be great !

Bit of background-

I've been struggling with health anxiety for about 5 years and never seeked any professional help. I never fully realised that was what I was suffering from until I looked it up a year ago or so and noticed that everything that was a symptom of health anxiety as basically my day to day life! I go through phases of being fine until I get a symptom and im back to anxiety mode. To be honest though even though I say that I think it's definitely on my mind 24/7 and there's rarely a day I don't think about it just s one days I can shake it off better than others.

Anyway I plucked up the courage tonight after panicking about another health issue to go see the go tomorrow and now im panicing. What do I say? What do I do? What if he thinks all my symptoms are just anxiety based writes it on my notes abd no one ever takes any symptoms I have seriously again? What if he judges me ? What if I cry? Will he just give me pills? Where do I start?

Any light on peoples first time experience
    S would be great please.

Thank you

Re: Booked a GP appointment ! Scared

I don't have ha so I'm not much use I had agoraphobia your doing the right thing going to your doctors no one should suffer in silence if you cry you cry I've been their an done that I would write a list if I was you we get their get anxious an forget what we want to say good luck I'm sure someone with ha will be along to give some advice x

Re: Booked a GP appointment ! Scared

I think you are doing exactly the right thing. For years I tried to keep my health anxiety to myself but it just got worse and worse. Eventually I spoke to my GP who was really sympathetic and explained that a large percentage of the population have the same problem. He prescribed me some tablets which after a few months began take effect and helped greatly.

Thread Information