Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: citalopram side effects

Re: citalopram side effects

on day 10 and the stiff neck started today......not really pins and needles, more like the inside of my body is shaking, but you cant see it outside....does that sound mad?

Doc has switched me to Citalopram after 10 years on Paroxetine. I'm having withdrawl symptoms. He's given me 20mgs a day and my paroxetine was 30mgs a day. Does this have something to do with the withdrawl or is it something else? Really dizzy and have bad vision at the moment. Please can anyone advise.

Smile Re: citalopram side effects

Hi...I am now into wk 3 of taking cipramil for severe anxiety and in the last 3 wks my dose has been upped from 10 to 20 to 30 and now stopping on 40!! All i can say is it is absoulute hell!! my anxiety levels r thro the roof, i cant eat, feel sick, cant sleep and im in a complete world of my own!! the feelings of heightened anxiety r the absoulute worse for me which my doc has now prescribed diazepam to help me thro, how i have got thro the last 3 wks is beyond me but my close friend who is a mental health nurse has assured me these side effects r normal and will pass in time!! im determined to try and stick it out tho but its so hard especially being a single parent to a 9 yr old! I have also been prescribed zopiclone to help me sleep at night which i must say is an absoulute life saver!! I have lost over a stone in weight in these 3 wks of starting cipramil which i wouldnt mind if i needed too but now everyone keeps commenting on how ill i look!! argh!! My friend has reasured me these are all normal which my doc didnt warn me about and that in the next wk or so things should have settled down but she thinks i have been upped far too quickly on them.
    Has anyone else experienced side effects like this? am so tempted to stop but im really hoping to c that light at the end of the tunnel real soon.......
    xxxNicxxx

Hi everyone, I too have the ringing in my ear, its my right ear but is more like the sound of my heart beat i can hear. its worse at night when im trying to sleep and for the past 3 years ive resulted in sleeping on my right side as the pressure on my pillows helps it seems less loud. when i first experienced it it would come and go in stages but now its constant. ive had a look on the internet and have found its called pulsatile tinitus. now its so bad i cant only hear my heart beat i can actually feel it. i been on and off citalopram for the past 5 years, taking ir for 9 months then coming off it for a year. ive been back on it for 2 weeks and have noticed my left eye is twitching, but its not my eyelid, its like my acutal eye is bouncing. ive had this before but never connected it with citalopram. i know my eye will get worse and its extremely difficult for me to do everyday things, i have to readjust my eyesight everytime i need to focus on something, ive had my eyes tested and seen the gp about this but they can never see anything happening. not sure whether to stop takin citalopram or to keep going with it. im on my second week of citalopram and my eye has just started to twitch. has anyone experienced this wierd eye thing? does anyone know where i can find a complete list of citalopram side effects?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information