Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pins and Needles in Feet / Back of Legs

Pins and Needles in Feet / Back of Legs

Hi All

Suffered from Panic Attacks many, many years ago, but think I recently had one again, don't know why !

However, ever since, I have had an almost constant "Pins and Needles" sensation in my feet / back of legs and sometimes my hands. Sometimes one foot, sometimes the other, sometimes both, but always there. Also sometimes feel in in my groin area.

Anyone else experienced this and have any comments / suggestions ?

Does this sound like a panic type symptom ? Even though the attack itself was about 4 days ago ?

I should mention that I have been taking Lustral for about 6 weeks (so don't think it's a side effect of that after this time length).

All comments welcome !

Hello!

I usually get the pins and needles sensation in my fingers tips and on my lips. I'm always afraid that I'm gonna pass out. And when all this is happening my legs turn to jelly. I can't say that it's not a side effect of the med only becuase I'm unfamiliar w/ it. I can say though that what you're feeling is a symptom of panic/anxiety.

Magster.

hello there,

I do sometimes get pins and needles in my legs and feet. It normally lasts for a few days and then goes away by itself. I wouldn't worry about it as I'm sure it's just a symptom of anxiety. Take care.

Sarah

Hi ,

It doesn't sound fully like a panic thing , panic pins and needles are usually confined in the main to the extremities although it can last several days at a time.

Paraesthesia - pins and needles and tingling - is a known side effect of Lustral so it could be that.
    Its worth mentioning it to your doctor anyway. Its irritation of the nerve endings.

Has the Lustral helped you ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Thanks for replies so far, interesting to hear other peoples experiences.

Meg, yes I do find Lustral good. Would be surprised if this were a side effect of Lustral after 6 weeks though. I have taken Lustral on previous occasions and never had this.

This is why I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this as a symptom of panic and/or Lustral ?

Thanks
    Dave

Look! Another member of the "Lustral Club"

I can honestly say I have never had the pins and needles thing.
    But I've had just about every other side effect on the list.

At the moment I am on symptom no's 7, 8, 9, 13, 16, and 19 in the Patient Information Leaflet.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

hi there, i havent posted for ages, i suffered similar symptoms and after nearly a year im seeing neuro next week! i have tingling in groin, private,backs of legs, inner legs, cramp in hands, shooting pains etc. They got worse on my meds but were there before after birth of my little boy! love to chat and swap stories as it mind boggling these symptom, love april x

apriltones

Hi, I have had panic attacks afew times then a couple of weeks back I was travelling in the car with my mum when all of a sudden I got pins and needles in my hands it spread to my legs stomach and face until eventually I was stiff and couldnt move and my face was contorted I thought I was going to pass out, my poor mum thought I was having a stroke ( im only 23) and called an ambulance they told me what I had just suffered was a sever panic attack, since this I occasionally experience pins and needles in my hands and feet/legs

My doctor tells me it is anxiety!!

Hope this helps although it sounds as though it could be linked to your medication too.

Take Care.x[8D]

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask whether you thought the tingling sensations I have been getting over the last week in my big toes on both my feet is due to anxiety or some other problem? Maybe a circulation problem or something, or maybe due to breathing incorrectly or something. I have experienced buzzing in my feet before but this seems to be here constantly.

Not really sure whether I should be bothering the doctor with this symptom or not?

Any ideas?

sadie

hi Sadie,

I have had that same tingling in my toes before. Mine lasted a few days and it went away by itself. I don' think it would be linked to breathing or anything else. it must just be caused by anxiety. I wouldn't worry too much about it!!

Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information