Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Falling" kind of Dizziness ?

"Falling" kind of Dizziness ?

I know that i have a shoulder impingement and Bursitis.Had physio a year ago and have had no problems really since then , I just have to be careful not to overuse the right shoulder. I used to have fair bit of dizziness before with it like fleeting feeling or feet bouncing off ground feeling.
    Couple nights ago I half turned in bed to reach the clock and as I stretched out my left arm to reach I had a sudden awful feeling of falling through the bed, is how best I can explain it. I levelled myself and it was ok.
    Next day just a slight whoozy feel now and then.
    As I got up today I leaned on my right elbow and the same horrible falling feeling. Once levelled myself was ok.
    Seems to be when I put pressure on that shoulder.
    Does anyone with shoulder problems/tension understand the kind of feeling im describing ?

Re: "Falling" kind of Dizziness ?

Hey,
    Are you hyperventilating? This can cause a dizzy feeling, as blood rushes to other parts of your body such as your heart, muscles, digestive system, and there is less oxygen than normal for your brain so you start to feel dizzy.
    It is just the fight or flight response. I wouldnt worry about it!
    Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

I think you know if your hyperventilating Jon , are you ok Hun . When I had tendonitus in my shoulder it did use to make me feel dizzy x

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”

No Jon. ive never had the problem of hyperventilating. This is definitely coming from neck/shoulder tension and /or nerve entrapment.Was just wondering if anyone else had same sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cags48 View Post
    I think you know if your hyperventilating Jon , are you ok Hun . When I had tendonitus in my shoulder it did use to make me feel dizzy x

Is tendonitis like an inflammation Caggs ??

Hey libra I've been to physio today for my neck and shoulder and since then the dizzy feeling is awful may not be the same as yours but there seems to be similarities hope u feel better soon ��

Hi jinty do you have the falling type feeling?

Yes got that too driving me mad

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    No Jon. ive never had the problem of hyperventilating. This is definitely coming from neck/shoulder tension and /or nerve entrapment.Was just wondering if anyone else had same sensation.
    Yes, me!
    I'm having problems with my shoulder and neck, which is making my arm tingle, pins and needles and a weird dizzy sensation - not like the room is spinning, but as though I'm not quite present, if that makes sense.

I asked a physio friend about it and she said it sounds like a nerve entrapment issue in my neck - the dead arm feeling and dizziness is quite common, apparently.

Thank you all for replies.. Chickpea you mention that falling feeling..I got it when lying down on right side ( where I have the shoulder prob) and then turning over feels like im falling through the bed, its awful sensation. Am ok on my left and back.. so has to be to do with the right shoulder /neck I think..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information