Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new boy... old story

new boy... old story

Hi all! Im a newbie here, but delighted a forum like this exists. For the last 4 years i've become some kind of amateur doc what with self diagnosing every ache and pain appearing in my body. Now being a reasonably rational person i realise im obviously not doing myself any favours. I've got this strange sensation in my left arm at the moment, its not a pain, more like a very mild numbness, but its now running through my head all day that left arm pain = heartattack! Im aware that im reading too much into it, but i was lay in bed last night for about 3 hours waiting for the worst to happen, which of course never happened. Im 30 now and quite healthy, although im not doing enough exercise at the moment, This situation is becoming more and more prevalant in my life and its starting to hack me off as i know im being silly, but cant seem to escape the onset of panic and worry at the slightest pain in my chest or arm. Apologies for rant but i've not been able to put this in writing before. Thanks folks.

Hi there ,

Welcome to the site and i can totally relate to how you're feeling. I've had numerous life threatening illnesses and guess what i'm still here, but although you try to be rational you just cant help yourself its scarey stuff this health anxiety. Hope u feel better soon and feel free to pm me any time.

Take care xx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi there ,

Welcome to the site and i can totally relate to how you're feeling. I've had numerous life threatening illnesses and guess what i'm still here, but although you try to be rational you just cant help yourself its scarey stuff this health anxiety. Hope u feel better soon and feel free to pm me any time.

Take care xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by kittykat - 02 January 2007 : 12:26:35</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Thanks a lot KittyKat.

Hiya and welcome to the site. I have health anxiety also, it makes you so aware of your body its almost painful. We also ignore the rational explanation to anything and go straight too our worst nightmare senario (all within two seconds of finding something).
    You've probably trapped a nerve or something. I once got numbness in my little finger, next one too it & running down outside of arm from elbow to wrist. MS was my fear but it turned out i was pressing on a nerve when using the mouse!!

anx xx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya and welcome to the site. I have health anxiety also, it makes you so aware of your body its almost painful. We also ignore the rational explanation to anything and go straight too our worst nightmare senario (all within two seconds of finding something).
    You've probably trapped a nerve or something. I once got numbness in my little finger, next one too it & running down outside of arm from elbow to wrist. MS was my fear but it turned out i was pressing on a nerve when using the mouse!!

anx xx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

<div align="right">Originally posted by anxious - 02 January 2007 : 12:55:20</div id="right">
    Aint that the truth! Im thinking its probably nothing, but as you say to fear the worst is always my first reaction. Cheers[^]

Hi There,

A big warm welcome to you. I too suffer from health anxiety and know how tough it can be for us.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi

Another health anxiety person toughing it out with the rest of you.

Hello toffeechris

when i had my last panic attack i had numbness in my left arm too it was in the middle of the night and i thought the same- heart attack! I got myself in such a state that i didnt sleep all night and went to the doctors in the morning. She checked me over and of course I WAS OK!
    But at the time its very scary. When im at my worst i imagine all kinds of things like heart attacks, brain heamorrages all sorts! it does pass but i know how you feel

lauradee

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello toffeechris

when i had my last panic attack i had numbness in my left arm too it was in the middle of the night and i thought the same- heart attack! I got myself in such a state that i didnt sleep all night and went to the doctors in the morning. She checked me over and of course I WAS OK!
    But at the time its very scary. When im at my worst i imagine all kinds of things like heart attacks, brain heamorrages all sorts! it does pass but i know how you feel

lauradee

<div align="right">Originally posted by Lauradee - 02 January 2007 : 16:35:03</div id="right">
    Although I'm not happy to hear that this happened to you too, It is comforting to know that its all in my head and that i'm not about to keel over anytime soon!. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

hiya toffeechris,

im sure you have nothing to worry about but i know what you mean about fearing the worst at every little niggle!!

i do this all the time whenever i have a panic attack and imagine im going to croak it from a heart attack right there and then. of course i dont but the fears still there [V]

hope you feel better soon and are you taking any meds?

rachel xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information