Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Escitalopram - 5mg

Re: Escitalopram - 5mg

Probably going to stop posting here for a while, not a whole lot more to say.

I am sleeping so much better, and that in turn, I think, is impacting on my overall well being. Am glad I took the plunge almost seven weeks ago and decided to try the medication. I know I have been fortunate too, to have had little or no side effects.

All the best to anyone who is in that space today, and I hope that you find this forum useful. I certainly have done, and I think it helped me to make up my mind on whether or not to try the medication. I also found it helpful to jot a few points, online, most days, from the time I was starting the meds.

Just going to keep on keeping on.

I've been following your thread. Thanks for letting us all know how you went with starting. Great to hear that you're doing well Mavis. Forward onwards and upwards

Thanks so much, Leah, I really appreciate that.
    Wishing you all the best.

Just popping in for a minute. Still taking the meds, I feel they are definitely taking the edge off the anxiety. I felt a bit lacking in energy, at first, but that seems to have passed too. I am definitely sleeping better, which is great.

For anyone else who is trying to decide what to do, maybe has just today been prescribed medication for anxiety, or has just started the meds, I wish you well. I believe it was the right decision for me, but it was a big decision, and I had to do a lot of thinking, and ask a lot of questions, before I made up my mind.

This forum was very helpful to me, and I appreciate everyone who helped me along, by chatting here. All the best, and keep on keeping on.

Just dropping in here for a brief update. Still on the meds, and combined with psychotherapy, I am definitely feeling a lot better.

Anxiety is horrible, I think it's hard for somebody to understand it, if they have never suffered with it. I am glad that I took the plunge, and started the medication, and I am fortunate, I know, to have had little or no side effects.
    I was determined that once I started, I was going to give it a chance. I also found it useful to just take the tablet, then forget about it, and go on about my day.

What worked for me, before I made up my mind, was, to write down every single question / concern I had, about taking the medication, and go through them with a medical professional.

i decided in the end that I had nothing to lose except the rotten anxiety. I'm not sure if anything ever makes it completely go away, but it can be made a lot more manageable, in my opinion, and in my experience.
    I also find mindfulness, extremely useful.

Onwards and upwards

Well I thought I'd bump this thread as I can now add to it.

2 years ago I was at a complete low and was terrified of starting these tablets. However I got on them and got on with it. After a few days I could have chucked them it was so horrible. I stayed on the for 13 months and felt I was ready to come off them.

Coming off wasn't too bad, kept getting 'brain zaps' randomly for about 6 weeks but that was it. I felt so good I even managed to change jobs, challenge my fears and get on a plane again for holidays.

However Aug and Sept tbis year I felt anxiety creep back in and 5 weeks ago had a horrible panic attack while out running. I thought I was a goner!

Been taking these again as I need help and it was tough starting up again, 5mg just seemed to give me more side effects and less benefits so I'm up to 10mg as of this week. I still haven't gone out running again since as my confidence is still very low.

If anyone has questions about Escitilopram then feel free to fire away. Had lots of experience and still in early stages of getting back in my system again.

Starting week 6, initially on 5mg for 5 weeka and now 10mg and had the best day in quite a while.

It has been tough to get on this stuff again but if I have mlre good days it will be worth it.

Finally, a few good, happy and care free days.

Hoping for more to come with this medication.

End of week 6 and had a horrible day after a good start to the week.

I think I might give it another week and stop if the side effects don't improve. These tablets worked really well for me last time round but I'm not feeling the benefits this time.

It is almost two weeks since starting of escitalopram. The edge of anxiety has gone .... as my sex drive... and saliva in my mouth.
    Will my libido improve after some time?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information