Thread: I'm having difficulty making this decision? Opinions welcome!

I'm having difficulty making this decision? Opinions welcome!

Hey guys! This is gonna be a bit of a weird question but due to my anxiety, I have difficulty making decisions and it's so frustrating because I literally sit and think forever before I make a decision, even about whether to have this or that for dessert, for example.

I've been wanting to get my hair done for years. I want it to be blonde, straight, long, and healthy. I've admired this one girl's hair for years and found out her stylist a few months ago. I've been to her once and she talks fast and doesn't explain things thoroughly. She's only there 3 days a week which is frustrating. I came in for a style and asked for wavy hair. My hair was basically straight with curls at the end which isn't what I wanted. But it did have no frizz and the products smelled amazing. So feminine and wonderful! I haven't got color done yet because I'm having some health problems and she doesn't feel my hair is thick enough to use bleach like she uses on that girl so she wanted to use dye. But I like that girls color. Her hair looks healthy but it could look better.

I went to the salon to buy the shampoo/conditioner she used on me that day and I love the girls hair who was working there! It was blonde, straight, SO healthy, and long. She told me she has naturally curly hair too. She kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to buy that one or if I wanted to talk to a stylist about what would work best for me. She eventually went and got her stylist. He talked to me for a good 15 minutes at least and it wasn't even a consult. He was very knowledgeable and explained everything thoroughly. He agreed with the other stylist about using dye on my hair to go blonde for now instead of bleach because of the thinning. He did say he uses bleach on that girl though. He pointed me in the direction of better products and pulled out a book of color swatches. I was really impressed!!

Here's the problem(s) though...
    I prefer bleach simply because I have a severe fear of PPD. It's the chemical in dye that you eventually most likely become allergic to.

Also I can't decide which stylist. I personally feel more comfortable with a woman but I was very impressed with the male stylist although his strong smelling cologne got to me a little. At the same time I've liked the first girls hair for years and I might cry if I don't get her color. But the second girls hair was so healthy it was unbelievable! I've never seen naturally curly bleached hair with heat look so good!

Another thing is I'm 21 at the moment but I look 16. I can't explain why but for a while I need to look 18 and then after that look my age (very long story). The first girl is 18 and her hair is somewhat golden so she looks younger. The second girl had more of a white blonde (not platinum, still looked natural) and looked to be in her early to mid 20's. So I'm just really at a loss...help please!!! What would you do?

Re: I'm having difficulty making this decision? Opinions welcome!

First of all, I like the sound of the male stylist better. He took the time to explain things to you, and how he smells isn't important in the long run - the health and look of your hair is. There's no reason he couldn't give you the color you want even if he's not the original stylist of the first girl.

I think you should follow their advice and dye your hair for now. Not forever, but until your hair is healthy enough to bleach. The last thing you want to do is ruin your hair because maybe you'll become allergic to die at some undetermined point in time. They'll know how to tread carefully and protect you and your hair.

Then it just comes down to what color you want and what color they can attain. You didn't say what your natural hair color is, but I know it's harder to go lighter with hair than it is to go darker. Did you see any colors in the swatches that you liked? Maybe there's a light blonde that is a touch darker than "white blonde" that would look amazing and be easier to get. Personally, I like the look of a more golden blonde or a lighter blonde with golden tones; I think it looks sophisticated while still looking natural. But that's just me.

Whatever you decide, have fun with it! I love getting my hair cut - I bit the bullet and cut off about 6 inches last time I was in and absolutely love it; which I didn't think I would since I've always had such long hair.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: I'm having difficulty making this decision? Opinions welcome!

Thank you so much! I've decided to go with the male stylist. The products he referred me to are absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see how my hair turns out!

Thread Information