Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Dying Young

Unhappy Fear of Dying Young

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the fear of dying young. I posted earlier in another forum about my death anxiety and noticed that it was very specific to dying young.
    I am currently 29, not married and with no kids. I believe my fear of death stems from knowing a lot of people who have passed away suddenly and at a young age between 20-35 yrs of age. I am not afraid of dying as I am very spiritual and believe there is an after life, but I am terrified of dying young and with no warning. I am petrified that I will have a heart attach, pulmonary embolism (blood clot), stroke, or some other unfortunate random circumstances. As far as I know I am healthy.
    I believe this fear is perpetuated by the fact that I know of at least 2 or 3 people who suffered from these issues and passed away in their sleep, and it terrifies me that I could be next. I think I could cope better if I had a terminal illness rather then suddenly dying because at that point I could come to terms with my death and get my affairs in order. I don't think I would have such an issue with the fear of dying if I was older (60-80 yrs old) and know so many people who have succumbed to early deaths. Please let me know if you have the same fears and if you have any advice to over come this.

Re: Fear of Dying Young

camaroo don't spend your young years worrying about something that might happen when you are young then again might not,lets be honest it is out of all of are control ,and as for happening suddenly when you are not aware lol well you wouldn't be aware please try to enjoy life,we are only here a short time be happy �� xx

Haha you are right, you are going to make me cry a bit. I do try to enjoy things while I am here, but then I get really sad thinking that this may be the last time I am going to enjoy something so nice. But I guess if I were to look at the bright side I got to enjoy something so nice at least.

I can only echo what MRS STRESSED has said Just live your live and enjoy it

camaroo sorry I didn't mean to make you cry ,I really hope you can find away to cope with things wishing you well and thankyou Annie xx

Sorry it was more like tears of relief, sometimes I get all wound up in my thoughts and it bogs me down, I wanted to truly thank you for the reality check. It was what I needed to hear, both you and Annie are right I need to live in the now and not waste what time I have to these thoughts. It's sometime hard to pull yourself out without some help and support. Thank you for your kind words and advice.

I was doing so well last night when I posted the last comment, but then I had an anxiety attach this morning. I got a text message from my boyfriend saying that I miss you and you feel far and it caused me to take the it the wrong way and push me into an anxiety attack.

camaroo hope you feel better soon hunny,anxiety is a bitch don't let it win kick it's up the bum lol �� xxxx

me too carmaroo, me too

Solidarity Mindknot, hopefully we both and everyone else with fear can find a way to manage it so that it allows us to live what life we have left here on Earth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information