Thread: Do I imagine body sensations?

Do I imagine body sensations?

Xmas is coming up, HA rears its ugly head.

Went to the GP and asked him to check a mole on the back of my hip. It has been checked quite a few times now and I have had it for years. It is very dark but very tiny and the GP said it was perfectly healthy, like every other GP has and it hasn't changed.

So, I get home and then suddenly my hip started to hurt, then it got itchy. I don't know if it is itching actually on my mole or around it because where it is is in an awkward position and I can't actually see it unless I am looking in the mirror due to some excess fat above it I actually itch a lot all over my body due to my lipomas, but when I itch on my leg I don't worry.

Sometimes I sit there and think it is throbbing.

Now, this mole had no worried me up until recently for way over a year, and now suddenly I feel like I can feel it all the time?

So this is in my head, right?

Re: Do I imagine body sensations?

In a word, yes.

Hi Hypo.

This has happened to me countless times regarding moles etc. All OK, of course. But I've itched, scratched, poked etc at them all believing they're sinister. Cleared OK by the doctors!

Dont forget, moles will become irritable through sweating and through things like rubbing against clothing etc too. All totally innocent!

But yes, you can convince yourself of anything with HA! Trust me, Im going through it now! And I know theres NO WAY IN H*LL I have this illness. My brain seems to think I do though and sends out all these crazy signals.

From what I can make out, this is one of the most common things to happen to someone with HA. So take some comfort from that! : )

Thank you for taking the time to reassure me. That helps a lot

No, you don't imagine them.

Sometimes we have genuine minor symptoms, and we simply amplify them because we're hyper-aware. In some occasions symptoms are the result of the very real chemical effects anxiety has on our body, not least of which the chronic secretion of adrenaline. In some of us the symptoms are somatic or "functional": that is they are real, but the result of mental stresses through some process not really understood. Other times they may be the result of one of the many minor conditions often associated with anxiety, such as BFS, high blood pressure, asthma or whatever else. In some, it's probably a mixture of all of the he above.

Thread Information