Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaginal itching

Vaginal itching

God will it ever end.
    had a urine infection last week was put on antibiotics (Keflex) now i am going mad with itching and sore .
    thought it might have been side effect of antibiotics , but now i am thinking i have got all different things wrong with me
    why cant i just except that it might be the antibiotics insted of thinking i have every illness in the book

Hi there
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so uncomfortable. Could it be thrush? Often thrush can follow a dose of antibiotics, especially if you've been run down and had a lowered immune system (from your infection). Its really quick and easy to treat - I use a canestan oral tablet or diflucan oral tablet.
    Hope you're feeling better soon

Hi Syl,

The antibiotics can cause thrush this has happened a few times to myself. Give your doc a phone or speak to your pharmacist and they'll be able to give you something. I'm 99.99% sure its thrush and nothing seriuos. Hope you feel better soon hun.

Take care

shirley xx

hello

this is definaltly thrush.antibiotics cause it. Get some cansetan asap cos if you dont treat is straight away its a bitch to get rid of!!
    Also in the men time try tea tree oil on a tampon for an hour or so

Hi Syl

Like others here I think this could be thrush which is fairly common after a course of antibiotics. It always happens to me.

You can get a number of treatments from the chemist. I would suggest giving one of these treatments a few days to work and then see your doctor again if you are still experiencing problems.

I hope it settles soon.

Karen

thanks all very much for your answers been to chemist and bought canastan cream will try that for a few days and hope it goes away

Hi Syl,

I bet the canastan works. Keep us posted hun. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi All
    went back to doctors today and saw nurse she said it sounded like thrush and gave me canatan thrush cream and pessarys for three days .
    my worry is i took a urine sample down with me and when she tested it it still showed a slight trace of blood (PANIC) but that was all she said
    so came home and sat worrying ever since if i have blood in my urine what is wrong ???/

really feel down about it all now at least the cream is helping the itching a little

oh heck,
    I got a email from someone of the site this morning regarding my post urine infection.
    they said it sounds like a serious kidney infection that could be dangerous panic set in realy bad.
    do you think the nurse at the doctors would have let me leave yesterday without saying anything if she thought it was serious
    my late husband had renal failure in 1997 and had to have dyalisis three times a week so i am imagine every thing now

this is not the way i wanted to start a new year being afraid of health problems again why oh why does it happen

hi syl first of all i would ignore the thoughts of a serious kidney infection,that e mail you say you got wont help at all.my mum had cystitis once and the first she new about it was there was blood in urine,she went to doctors and the nurse said it was cystitis and also thrush ans was normal to have a bit of blood in urine.hope this helps,if you are still worried why dont you go back and ask nurse or doctor just for reasurrance.if the nurse thought it was anything serious she wouldnt have sent you home with the cream she would have took it further there and then.take care and hope it clears up soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information