Thread: Canine Space Infection or Buccal Infection Anyone?

Canine Space Infection or Buccal Infection Anyone?

I was wondering..I have had an abscess tooth that has not really blossomed out and caused a lot of issues but it drains and I can feel the tooth up in my face but have no fever nor swelling really.. I have read about getting canine space infections that go into your sinus and then your brain and also buccal space infections that do the samething and bacterial infections that go into your blood stream. So far I don't think that I have any of these since i have no swelling nor fever to speak of.. but I was wondering anyone on here ever have any of those.? This is an eye tooth that is said to be the most dangerous of teeth in the mouth to do this and you can die... I worry all the time but afraid to go to the dentist.. i know..go to the dentist .. i will but in the mean time I was just wondering if anyone ever got canine space infections or buccal space infections or bacterial infections when the bacteria invades your blood and you die.. from sepis or something like that?

Re: Canine Space Infection or Buccal Infection Anyone?

Bacteria invading your blood etc, is known as Sepsis, and could obviously be life threatening. But there are some very obvious symptoms, high fever etc usually associated with this.

It is unlikely that the bacterial will spread like that

Re: Canine Space Infection or Buccal Infection Anyone?

get some antibiotics and that will clear an abscess, bacteria can get in the gaps between gums and teeth in anyone whether they have an abscess or not. obviously the better your gum health the more resistant your mouth will be to accommodating a bacterial infection.

Thread Information