Thread: miritzapine

miritzapine

i have been on these pills for 3and a half months now,still struggling with anxiety and fears how can i come off them as i dont think they are working.i also take 10mg propranaol 1x3times aday ,plus 1x2mg diazepam a day ,the dosage of mirtazapine is 2x15mg at bedtime they knockme out about half an hour after taking them.i then sleep solidly until about 7 next morning upon wakening i have the most dreaded fear of the day ahead but get up and try to carry on to my best ability,this crappy feeling goes on until about 7 at night then you cant tell i have anything wrong with myself.but after 4in a afternoon i dont take any medication .the doctors dont seem to listen when i tell them all they say is keep taking the pills.i have counsilling once every month he says i have got to start and think positive but its hard to do when you feel drugged all day long.any help much appreciated

l.m.bell

i was on mirtazapine and had no effect excpt like you said they helped me sleep but i found it hard waking up, ive recently changed drugs & at the moment things seem to be getting better, so my advice is to keep telling your doctors, phsychiatrist whoever, that the drugs your on now aint working, Ive been waiting five years and only recently have started listining to me.

also thats what the doctor kept telling me, just too keep taking them, I was on them for at least 2 years, onlly about a month ago they changed my meds.

Hi Mili - I've been on Mirtazapine for 4 months now. They didn't do much initially, so my doctor upped my dose from 15mg to 30mg a couple of months ago, taken at bed time.

They still haven't really done a great deal as I can't feel them working at all. I get no side affects whatsoever during the day, positive or negative. The only thing they were making me do was sleep for too long once I did go to sleep. Its been a real struggle over Christmas also given that the Buspirone I was also prescribed for my dayime anxiety just made me feel odd.

I've stopped taking Buspirone altogether (was safe to do so) and reduced my Mirtazapine back down to 15mg. I haven't stopped them altogether because they recomend you come off them gradually. I plan to go back to my GP tomorrow to request a change of medicine. Mirtazapines manufacturer reckons they should either work in a month or they're not going to.

Don't be fobbed off by being told to keep taking the tablets. If they're not working then theres no real point taking them. Your GP should listen. If not then I'd ask to see someone else. Might sound cheeky but hey, you come first.

Krakers.

Hi Mili, I've been on mirtazapine for the past 5 years on and off. For me they have been a powerful medication. Because I sleep well, it makes the day easier to bear. When I came off them in Summer 2005 I plunged again and went back on. I've been on 45 mg ever since. They do make me feel a little groggy when I have to get up in the morning but I think most people feel like that these dark school mornings lol.

Jo

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i have been on these pills for 3and a half months now,still struggling with anxiety and fears how can i come off them as i dont think they are working.i also take 10mg propranaol 1x3times aday ,plus 1x2mg diazepam a day ,the dosage of mirtazapine is 2x15mg at bedtime they knockme out about half an hour after taking them.i then sleep solidly until about 7 next morning upon wakening i have the most dreaded fear of the day ahead but get up and try to carry on to my best ability,this crappy feeling goes on until about 7 at night then you cant tell i have anything wrong with myself.but after 4in a afternoon i dont take any medication .the doctors dont seem to listen when i tell them all they say is keep taking the pills.i have counsilling once every month he says i have got to start and think positive but its hard to do when you feel drugged all day long.any help much appreciated

l.m.bell

<div align="right">Originally posted by mili - 07 January 2007 : 22:49:05</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

what meds have you changed to from mirtazapine

Thread Information