Thread: Weird sensations on lower body/scrotum area, possible cancer?

Weird sensations on lower body/scrotum area, possible cancer?

Hey, I'm a 19 year old male and I've been stressing out over various symptoms lately in the past week or two, mainly in my lower back, stomach and scrotum area.

First symptom I had was a weird dull ache on the right side of lower back. I noticed it every time I stood up and when I breath deep while laying down. It seemed to radiate towards my left shoulder. A day or so late I got a sharp pain in a very specific area on my scrotum. The pain was sort of on the left of my penile shaft. The pain felt sort of pulsating and as I said, sharp.

I had this sharp pain again a few days later (yesterday, actually) and it stayed around for a bit longer than it did on the first time around. I also had very fluid diarrhea that night, but it might have been due to me drinking a lot of water during the day (around 4 liters). Today I got sharp pain in my right testicle which radiated to the right side of my lower abdomen (just above the adonis belt). The pain came and went, and only lasted a second but it still felt really discomforting. I've also had a sort of growl in my stomach, despite not feeling actual hunger.

Maybe it's just me becoming overly conscious of my body due to the aches, but I feel like something's not right in my lower abdomen/scrotal area. Of course all these symptoms just scream cancer to me, and googling has convinced me further that it's cancer (first thought it was spinal cancer, then kidney, then pancreatic, now I think it's prostate cancer).

I reckon I might go see a doctor, but I doubt they'll really take me seriously with my current symptoms. Anyone know what may cause these symptoms and whether I should be worried (at this point at least).

---------- Post added 05-01-15 at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was 04-01-15 at 22:38 ----------

Update: An hour after I wrote this, the pain in my lower abdomen persists. Wondering if this could be appendicitis? When should I start to get worried?
    Last edited by BrotatoChip; 04-01-15 at 21:18. Reason: Wording

Re: Weird sensations on lower body/scrotum area, possible cancer?

Don't get worried until you see a doctor - see the doctor before any speculation and make sure they reassure you fully.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Hi,

If you have a persistent pain anywhere, it is worth getting checked out. Most often, a clearance from your Dr is enough to allay worry.

If you had an appendicitis you'd likely have vomiting, it would hurt very badly when trying to stand or lay down straight and you would have bad abdo pain.

If in any doubt, just go and get checked over

Went to see a doctor, she said she highly doubts it was appendicitis. I also showed her a slight bulge I found on my right testicle and she said she didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary because she said the bulge was on the epididymis but she gave me doctor's note to get a testicular ultrasound to give me peace of mind. I also had my urine tested and apparently they found red blood cells in my urine (not actual blood but increased red blood cell count) and they're going to call me back for a control test sometime next week.

Doctor said there's little they can do or diagnose until I go to the ultrasound which is next Thursday. Of course my own worries gravitate towards testicular cancer at the moment, which makes me slightly frightened but at the same time I feel it might not be fatal as I've read online the survival rate of testicular cancer is nearly 100% if caught early and the testicle is removed.

Ultrasound checked out clear, still waiting for the control urine test's results.

Went to the doctor's again this Wednesday to talk about the microscopic hematuria they found. Again, she told me that the symptoms aren't anything to worry about unless they persists, and suggested that the hematuria and the sharp pain in my lower abdomen was caused by a urinary tract stone that had worked it's way down.

She also checked my prostate which turned out normal and told me that if they found red blood cells in my urine again, she'd be willing to give me a referral for both advanced urine tests and a kidney ultrasound. It is reassuring to know that the doctor isn't taking my symptoms lightly and is willing to do everything she can to find the cause of all this. Frankly, I've been mostly symptom free this week so I have hope that this episode will be over soon.

Thread Information