Thread: pushing myself

pushing myself

So i managed to go for a job interview was so nervous dry mouth,blushing,felt like all eyes were on me 3 people interviewing me .To my shock i got the job which i didnt expect all all.So now im worried about doing my job feeling like this i have to read to a lot of children once a day in my job and im worrying about it already and i dont start till next week.Any advice just wish i could snap out of it and be a confident person without the doubts .

Re: pushing myself

Well done and congratulations!!!! So many people are nervous about job interviews, even those who are the most functional, extroverted and confident. The fact you beat other candidates to get the job means you are the best of the best. Try to remember that when you're doubting yourself.

I started a new job recently too and it is tough. I find getting away by myself at lunch breaks really helps. Go for some fresh air and gather your thoughts. Having to be switched on and upbeat with a bunch of new people (especially kids!) is a real challenge.

Also try to remember that a job does not define who you are - so if it all becomes too much, or if you can't be the employee of the month, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Being a good person is much more important than being a good employee

Re: pushing myself

Hey! Kids will love the STORY! They won't notice you! I found wearing something really stupid like a hat or silly glasses felt like a mask- and that the kids were focusing on that, not me.
    You'll be great! If you can't hack other adults being in the room, ask them nicely if they can be outside your line of vision cos they make you nervous- they won't mind.
    Guess who used to be a TA and then a teacher..?
    BEST of luck
    Dancer58 x

Thread Information