Thread: Keep questioning myself?

Unhappy Keep questioning myself?

I'm not really sure if this belongs here, but over the past couple of days I've been feeling anxious AGAIN. Like the anxiety was still present but honestly I was on my way to feeling more like myself again I still had a way to go but anyway I'm on microgynon contreceptive pill as my mum and doctor believe this anxiety is a hormone imbalance and I can honestly say I was on my way again and my mum said she noticed a pattern around about a week a week and half before my period and during this is when my anxiety gets extreme and I'm noticing it's come back extreme AGAIN and I'm due on round about now but I'm on the pill so I wont be having my period till about the 19th. But anyway alot of news has been going round about killings and rapes ect ect and I've been worrying myself because anyone is capable of it and I began to think what if I ever did anything like that and the thought keeps coming into my head and I dunno how to shift it and I keep questioning would I ever do it and it's absolutely creeping me out because my minds confused anyway so it's like I don't know how I'm responding to these thoughts which then freaks me out more?? sorry for going on about all that but is this normal for anxiety because I am worrying myself sick

Red face Re: Keep questioning myself?

I just read an article about symptoms of OCD/Anxiety increasing in hormonal changes. I am having a similar problem only I am older and in perimenopause. Try to keep track of your cycle and you will see the pattern better.
    Also, at your next doctor appointment, have your thyroid checked; it is a simple blood test for TSH levels, but see if they will do a full panel with antibodies. The thyroid regulates most systems in the body especially hormones.

You may be able to print out a free calendar to track your symptoms each month to share with your doctor:

just type "pms tracker" into your browser. (It wont let me add the link)

I hope the contraceptives will work for you and you find relief soon.

Re: Keep questioning myself?

Hi and welcome to NMP

The harm thoughts are a common form of OCD and I would encourage you to read though some of the threads on this board so you can see you are not alone in this plus read the replies we all give.

Its a known fact that people with this corn of OCD are horrified by the thoughts and that same reaction proves you never would because it goes against your principles & beliefs unlike a psychopath who sees no wrong in the actions.

You need to stop the reaction because that is what reinforces it and only makes it harder in the long term to stop.

I really would encourage you to try Mindfulness. Read about it on the threads on here and on the therapy/natural remedies boards. It can take time to learn but it can teach you to retrain your mind to be non judgemental of these thoughts which reduces their frequency & intensity.

There have been studies which prove anyone can have types of thoughts but don't realise because the researchers had to show them how to really notice them.

Thread Information