Thread: I'm sooo worried about a brain tumor please help! Anxiety is through the roof 😞

I'm sooo worried about a brain tumor please help! Anxiety is through the roof 😞

I am SOOO worried about my headaches PLEASE help😞
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am looking for some advice and reassurance please. I have been taking Citalopram for the past 3 and a half months for anxiety.

I keep thinking I have a brain tumor and I'm so frightened I can't take it anymore.
    My headaches are more like pressure behind my nose but no congestion and a dull ache that comes and goes through out the day. I get some nausea sometimes. It's bringing all my anxiety and panic back

I have been to my go and says it's not anything serious and I have had my eyes tested which she said my eyes were healthy except I need glasses which I knew anyway.

I cannot stop thinking about a brain tumor I'm googling all sorts (stupid I know) but I'm convinced I have one. Some sites say people start to loose basic skills like holding a cup now I'm panicking and looking at everything I do which seem to mimic brain tumor symptoms

Is this all anxiety or something more these headaches are the only thing that is worrying me. Can I get advice please guys
    Xx

Re: I'm sooo worried about a brain tumor please help! Anxiety is through the roof 😞

Hey there I have sent you a private message hope it helps x

Re: I'm sooo worried about a brain tumor please help! Anxiety is through the roof 😞

Hey, I'm on citalopram as well have been for around a month and have had the same thoughts (brain tumour, bleeding on the brain) which caused my anxiety and panic to come back. I also went to see my gp about and got a little annoyed at the fact that he said it was nothing. But after speaking with a few people on here I have come to realise that headaches and nausea are all apart of being on citalopram, they are just side effects. don't worry too much everything's fine wish you all the best

You know needing glasses causes headaches right, if you're not wearing them it'll be causing eye strain which from my experience is the feeling you're describing. Hope that helps

the headaches could be part of the symptoms of citalopram IF you didnt have them before you started taking this medication.

otherwise if you had the headaches before and you've been told you need glasses and you're not wearing any, don't search further. i have one good eye and one bad eye, and my bad eye is not THAT bad. if i go a day without glasses i get an intense migraine and pressure to the face and feel like vomiting.

Thanks guys xx

Thread Information