Thread: terrified about allergic reactions/anaphylaxis

terrified about allergic reactions/anaphylaxis

I have never been allergic to anything but about a month ago after applying eye makeup my face started itching and my throat felt very itchy and dry. I immediately rinsed everything off and the feeling went away after a while. I assumed it was my eyeliner. But today I realised it was probably the latex in my lash glue that caused it after the same thing happened. I was so scared I was going to suffocate or die.

Same itchy nose/throat/ears and panicked feeling.

Now I'm terrified of developing a serious reaction or my throat closing up.
    I don't have an epi pen or anything and am too scared to touch any of my makeup anymore which is a HUGE problem since I'm a MUA by trade! Yikes :/

Another thing: I regularly take beta blockers and I have been told that if someone on BB's has a severe allergic reaction, the epi pen won't work and they could die! So now I'm actually afraid of taking my meds!

I need some advice from people who have experienced this as to what is mild and when it's time to ring 999?

I was wondering if anyone else here has had an allergic reaction or anaphylaxis before and how they handled it? I don't know if this is a mild harmless allergy or something that could turn deadly!

Re: terrified about allergic reactions/anaphylaxis

Could you go for allergy testing? Not sure how all that works in the UK (like if you need a referral, etc.). If you think it could be latex, I'm sure they could check for that. One of my friends also is allergic to adhesive (like what's on bandages and such), so it could be something else in the eyelash adhesive, too, that isn't latex.

Thread Information