Thread: Toe Nail - Very Worried Right Now

Toe Nail - Very Worried Right Now

Hi there, a few weeks ago i noticed a small mark under my toe nail and i didnt think anything of it at the time, its a reddy brown colour. Its only small and its still there. Im starting to think it could be melanoma? Toe cancer? Or nail cancer? Any ideas what it could be? I have attached a pic.

Please Reply ASAP
    Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Toe Nail - Very Worried Right Now

Looks like a little blood blister/scab to me - maybe you dropped something on your toe, or stubbed it? I'm sure I've had similar thing once from shutting my finger in a drawer or something, didn't think anything of it, and it just grew out eventually. Nails are slow growing, so it takes time is all...

I didn't think there is such a thing as toe cancer... or nail cancer for that matter... and it's a pretty weird location for a melanoma I would say. The chances of it being anything sinister are miniscule to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindknot View Post
    Looks like a little blood blister/scab to me - maybe you dropped something on your toe, or stubbed it? I'm sure I've had similar thing once from shutting my finger in a drawer or something, didn't think anything of it, and it just grew out eventually. Nails are slow growing, so it takes time is all...

I didn't think there is such a thing as toe cancer... or nail cancer for that matter... and it's a pretty weird location for a melanoma I would say. The chances of it being anything sinister are miniscule to none.
    Oddly there is, I only found out a while back! But it's very rare, not often heard about. And it doesn't present like Louise's pic either, it's horrible looking and usually takes over the entire nail in symmetrical lines.

That's just a bruise/blood spot. You'll have to wait for it to grow out, which can take a few months. Bruised nails don't really fade away which is why you worry, but they grow out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnburns232 View Post
    Oddly there is, I only found out a while back! But it's very rare, not often heard about. And it doesn't present like Louise's pic either, it's horrible looking and usually takes over the entire nail in symmetrical lines.

That's just a bruise/blood spot. You'll have to wait for it to grow out, which can take a few months. Bruised nails don't really fade away which is why you worry, but they grow out.
    That's the sort of info you only know if you are reading the wrong sort of books & websites

But you're right about the bruised nail business, it grows out rather than fades.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I cant remember banging my toe but possibly i have forgot

Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I posted the exact same worry as you on here yesterday. It's horrible, mine is just a small dot in the centre of my toe nail but like you I can't remember doing anything to it so I instantly panicked about it being a melanoma.

As people have said the pictures look very different to your mark and to mine and it is an extremely rare cancer, my hubby was in hysterics when I told him I thought I had toe cancer he thought I was making it up as he had never heard of it!!!

If you are worried get it checked just for peace of mind but these things do take a very long time to grow out. I have my GP ringing me about something else next week so I am just going to ask him when I speak to him.

Take Care

This has also happened to me.. didn't remember dropping anything on my toe so it must have been melanoma! It grew with the toe nail and I clipped it off a few weeks later. Please don't worry even if you don't remember hurting it. Skin behind toe nail is very sensitive.

Thread Information