Thread: Job Interview

Job Interview

I had a job interview last week, but did I go? No...The day before I had 2 panic attacks, I'd never had 2 in one day before. It didn't help that a test was involved and there were 2 people on the panel...I just want a nice quiet job in a small office. Doesn't help that my mother's on my back, she really doesn't understand panic attacks...apparently it's all in my mind and I should just pull myself together! If only it were that easy, I definitely would have by now!

Alot of people think that panic attacks are all in our mind and that we can get over it ... to be honest it is alot harder then that, nobody can understand that more then me and you.

Why don't you apply for a qyuet job? What job did you apply for last week?

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

It was a job in a large teaching hospital, a clerical role, it seemed like a good idea at the time to jump into the deep end

Hi Talisman,

I can understand how you must have felt going for the interview. Its hard enough when you dont suffer with anxiety having to go through the job proccess.
    If you havent worked for a long time maybe it would be a good idea for you to start part-time and build up your hours until you feel comfortable.
    Im sorry to hear your mum dosnt understand, maybe you could show her the NMP site and let her take a look around it may give her a little more knowledge.

Sending you a hug hun !

love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Thank u for the replies. I've only been out of work since just before xmas. I had to leave due to the panic attacks, it didn't help it being a high pressured job, and still finding my feet and figuring out what I want to do since dropping out of uni. My mother wouldn't even entertain looking at the website, she's adamant I don't have a job because I'm lazy, and constantly says I'm worthless, which doesn't instill the greatest of confidence anyway. I'm hoping to work at the stables where I keep my horse, so fingers crossed!

Thread Information